Author Topic: Chicago shootings: 37 shot, 9 fatally, in Memorial Day weekend gun violence across city, CPD says  (Read 834 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Party on Chicago

CHICAGO -- At least 37 people have been shot, nine fatally, in Chicago shootings so far this Memorial Day weekend.

A man was killed and a woman was injured in a West Garfield Park shooting early Sunday, police said. The 35-year-old man and 30-year-old woman were sitting in a parked car in the 4100-block of West Taylor Street around 2:09 a.m. when someone fired shots, Chicago police said. The man was shot in the head and was pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital. The woman was in critical condition at the same hospital with a gunshot wound to the side. No arrests have been made and detectives are investigating.

Over an hour earlier, three men were shot on Chicago's North Side, CPD said. The men were walking on the sidewalk in the 600-block of West Barry Avenue in the city's Lakeview neighborhood about 12:50 a.m. when shots were fired, Chicago police said. The three were outside the Mariano's at Broadway and Barry when the shooting took place, according to CPD. Chicago fire crews took one of the men to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in serious condition, with gunshot wounds to the back and chest. A 22-year-old man also was taken to Masonic in good condition with a gunshot wound to the leg, and a 32-year-old taken to Masonic was in good condition with a gunshot wound to the back, police said. It was not immediately clear what led to the shooting. No one was in custody later Sunday morning. Area Three detectives are investigating.

More at link.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shootings-shooting-breaking-news-today/13307940/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

"it is not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities."

Chicago Mayor elect Brandon Johnson
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

"it is not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities."

Chicago Mayor elect Brandon Johnson

:facepalm2:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Chicago shootings: 53 shot, 11 fatally, in Memorial Day weekend gun violence across city, police say

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-memorial-day-weekend-shootings-shooting-crime-crimes/13318549/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley