Author Topic: Ron DeSantis scorches ‘delusional’ Trump over Florida crime claims: 'He’s been attacking me by movin  (Read 418 times)

Offline libertybele

Ron DeSantis scorches ‘delusional’ Trump over Florida crime claims: 'He’s been attacking me by moving left'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said in a recent interview that former President Donald Trump’s allegations about crime purportedly soaring in the Sunshine State were "delusional."

"Florida’s crime rate is at a 50-year low. That’s just a fact, and it hit a 50-year low during my administration," DeSantis said during an interview on "The Ben Shapiro Show" Friday. "It’s hit a 50-year low while crime has been spiking in other places around the country."

"One of the main reasons families have moved to Florida since I’ve been governor is because of public safety, because they know we’re a law-and-order state. So that’s delusional to say that somehow Florida, you know, has bad crime," DeSantis continued. "You can see that in the migration patterns. People are leaving high crime areas, and they’re coming here. When the Floyd riots were going on in Minneapolis, I called out the National Guard in Florida immediately. I had state law enforcement deployed. We worked with our local partners. And we said very clearly, ‘You’re not burning cities down here. We’ll put a stop to it if it happens.’ And sure enough, it didn’t end up happening." ...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-scorches-delusional-trump-florida-crime-claims-been-attacking-me-moving-left
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Shapiro seems to be for DeSantis.... No endorsement yet, of course...
But he's for him.

DeSantis resonates among Conservatives.

Offline libertybele

But he's for him.

DeSantis resonates among Conservatives.

It's early in the game, but I think at the end of the day, DeSantis is going to resonate with Independents and some liberals as well as conservatives. I'm predicting he'll be the GOP nominee.

Trump has court battles, legal troubles, age and character issues which I think will snowball preventing him from being the nominee.

Of course all of this hinges on a free and fair election -- something that not many are giving the much needed attention to.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

It's early in the game, but I think at the end of the day, DeSantis is going to resonate with Independents and some liberals as well as conservatives. I'm predicting he'll be the GOP nominee.

That is my hope. Another issue is that more than half of Conservatives are no longer Republicans...  That's an effective imbalance in primaries toward NEOCONs, and another hurdle. I actually think he's got it easier in the general.

Trump has court battles, legal troubles, age and character issues which I think will snowball preventing him from being the nominee.

Don't count him out. This is where he shines. Slinging sh*t is his super-power.

Of course all of this hinges on a free and fair election -- something that not many are giving the much needed attention to.

As an interesting aside... What happens if the current system gives DeSantis a landslide? Or even a clear win?

:pondering:

Offline libertybele

That is my hope. Another issue is that more than half of Conservatives are no longer Republicans...  That's an effective imbalance in primaries toward NEOCONs, and another hurdle. I actually think he's got it easier in the general.

Don't count him out. This is where he shines. Slinging sh*t is his super-power.

As an interesting aside... What happens if the current system gives DeSantis a landslide? Or even a clear win?

:pondering:

Yes, slinging sh*t is Donald's super power, but from what I've seen DeSantis has a very calm and collected demeanor which will absolutely drive DJT bonkers.  DeSantis' strength of steel and not letting him get under his skin is going to be DeSantis' super strength.

All purely speculation on my part.

Offline ScottinVA

Quite clear that Trump and the dems are terrified about losing to DeSantis.  Liars don’t focus on those who don’t threaten them.

Online Hoodat

Here's the interview:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Yes, slinging sh*t is Donald's super power, but from what I've seen DeSantis has a very calm and collected demeanor which will absolutely drive DJT bonkers.  DeSantis' strength of steel and not letting him get under his skin is going to be DeSantis' super strength.

All purely speculation on my part.

You're right... It's water off a ducks back, and good on him.

But technically, he ain't the mark. Voters are. Pollsters and media are. He's pulling the wool over their eyes.

Now, the natural reaction is to punch back - Cruz did that in the end - And he opened the door for Tumpy to follow through with his other trick - to play the martyr... And lost because of it.

The remedy is as you say. And Cruz was also fairly staid in the face of Tumpy's many attacks. Till he wasn't. Lets hope DeSantis has just a touch more fortitude.

Tough sledding... They are already attacking his wife.

Offline roamer_1

Quite clear that Trump and the dems are terrified about losing to DeSantis.  Liars don’t focus on those who don’t threaten them.

DeSantis seems to be a slugger. If he keeps covered up and plans his punches... Which he seems to do...

Offline roamer_1

Here's the interview:

Pretty softball for Shapiro (which is part of why I know he likes him), and seems scripted...

But still, some great points in there - Especially speaking to election fraud.There is a good point in that - That Tumpy was unprepared in the swing states - And I can believe that. His machine never really focuses on the political... It's centered in media and plays to that. He's always been rather inept at the mechanics of politics....

DeSantis OTOH, is a political animal, and I guarantee he can wake up the old TEA Party machine - He's already TEA - All he has to do is holler.