Author Topic: Jewel's twist on national anthem at Indianapolis 500 fails to resonate with fans, panned as 'disresp  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

IMHO it was painful to listen to.  Definitely not the best rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
IMHO it was painful to listen to.  Definitely not the best rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.
@libertybele
I agree. Just sing it. It isn't a yodeling contest.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

It was different.  But it wasn't disrespectful.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

Everybody wants to put their own little spin on it and be different ... which is stupid.  It is OUR song.  If I cannot sing it along with you (quietly to myself) because you're too busy changing it up and adding runs and different rhythms and such, then you didn't do it right.   It's not "disrespectful", per se, but I hate it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

Everybody wants to put their own little spin on it and be different ... which is stupid.  It is OUR song.  If I cannot sing it along with you (quietly to myself) because you're too busy changing it up and adding runs and different rhythms and such, then you didn't do it right.   It's not "disrespectful", per se, but I hate it.
Very well stated, and I agree.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, that's right... Chris Stapleton, who I very much respect as an artist, was recently lauded for his performance and rendition of the Star Spangled Banner... I liked the bluesey delivery, but over all, mediocre... For the reason you declare...

Now, Whitney Houston in her day... I could never sing along with her... but WOW!,

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now, Whitney Houston in her day... I could never sing along with her... but WOW!,

I loved her rendition...no one could ever sing with her, I preferred to just listen to her..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34