Author Topic: North Dakota parents rage at school board for defying law on kids’ gender identities  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Kamaji

North Dakota parents rage at school board for defying law on kids’ gender identities

By Taylor Penley, Fox News   
May 28, 2023

A North Dakota school district is catching flak from parents who allege it continues to keep families in the dark about students’ gender identities despite Gov. Doug Burgum, R., signing a bill into law prohibiting the shady practice earlier this month.

“We will not openly out any student because of one law if we know that that’s going to cause harm to that child,” Fargo Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Rupak Gandhi announced in response to the law.

Gandhi also cited perceived conflict between state and federal law on the issue, arguing the district should continue to advocate for students who identify as transgender, according to a report from The National Desk.

Despite the district’s claim that the policy is not in place to push back against parents, some took exception at a board meeting scheduled for last Tuesday.

“The way I heard it is that you want to protect kids from their parents,” one father alleged, he proceeded to slam the policy, claiming the district is “suppressing talk.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/28/north-dakota-parents-mad-at-school-board-for-defying-gender-identities-law/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fargo is the Liberal side of the State...
Even so.

On the west side of the State, an entire 7-member school board has been petitioned to recall, election to be held at the end of June.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't understand this. If someone is a homo and doesn't want anyone to know it,all they have to do is wear clothes appropriate to their gender,and not tell anybody  they are a homo.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hope someone will enforce the law.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have to admit that I am more than a little surprised to hear this is already happening in ND.

Offline roamer_1

I have to admit that I am more than a little surprised to hear this is already happening in ND.

All public schools are liberal as hell - It don't matter where you go. The ibky way to avoid it is to pay for private schooling, and even at that, it's a bet... Christian and Catholic schools tend to be the exception.

Online Smokin Joe

While it is on the right side of the state when you look at the map, politically, it's about as Left as it gets in ND. School Boards here have been getting too big for their britches, and change WILL come. The State, by and large, is still pretty darned conservative.

But it's Fargo, the largest town in the State, at the only intersection of two interstate highways in the State, and just across the river from Minnesota.
It's also a college town, next to a college town, down the road from three more college towns...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While it is on the right side of the state when you look at the map, politically, it's about as Left as it gets in ND. School Boards here have been getting too big for their britches, and change WILL come. The State, by and large, is still pretty darned conservative.

But it's Fargo, the largest town in the State, at the only intersection of two interstate highways in the State, and just across the river from Minnesota.
It's also a college town, next to a college town, down the road from three more college towns...

@Smokin Joe

Close to Mn is NOT good. Mn and NYC were where the first Communists that came to America dug-in. Seems like,for the most part,the ones that remained in NYC came from Russia,and the ones that went to Mn to farm were from Sweden or Norway,I forget which. Communism in America at that time was no threat,so nobody gave a squat,and they fit right in with American farmers for the most part.

Communism may be dying in Russia,but it is still doing well in the western nations.

Offline roamer_1

@Smokin Joe

Close to Mn is NOT good. Mn and NYC were where the first Communists that came to America dug-in. Seems like,for the most part,the ones that remained in NYC came from Russia,and the ones that went to Mn to farm were from Sweden or Norway,I forget which. Communism in America at that time was no threat,so nobody gave a squat,and they fit right in with American farmers for the most part.

Communism may be dying in Russia,but it is still doing well in the western nations.

Most of the Minnesotans I know are rural and hard core Conservatives.... Like always, its the cities... It's Minneapolis/St Paul that runs the state and imposes communism... Not Minnesotans by and large.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Most of the Minnesotans I know are rural and hard core Conservatives.... Like always, its the cities... It's Minneapolis/St Paul that runs the state and imposes communism... Not Minnesotans by and large.

@roamer_1

What about the Minn Farm Labor Party? Have they "faded away".

Cheer me up and tell me they all committed suicide.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

What about the Minn Farm Labor Party? Have they "faded away".

Cheer me up and tell me they all committed suicide.

@sneakypete

Beats the hell outta me... I am way up here in the mountains. But I will bet you they hail out of Minneapolis/St. Paul and have naught to do with rural parts. Everywhere I been it's all the same... Out in the sticks folks are all the same kind.

Online Smokin Joe

A lot of nice folks (despite the fact they use road salt which eats the body off cars--unlike ND) in Minnesota lost track of the difference between being nice and letting yourself get overrun.

The home State of ol' HHH (Hubert Humphrey) has had just enough liberals to get bit, and between being loaded up with people from elsewhere who not only remember their heritage, but aren't about to assimilate (Little Mogadishu, for instance), IMHO, they went too far. That has changed the nature of things there, and is a shining example of how too much of what could be a good thing sours rapidly. Dearbornistan in Michigan is another example, in another State similarly hobbled by its politics.

Other problems issue from the liberal (leftist) policies there...but here, the rural folks (and no small number of people in the biggest towns) are fighting it.

C S Lewis