Author Topic: Sorry, But It Is Our Job  (Read 706 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Sorry, But It Is Our Job
« on: May 28, 2023, 02:17:44 pm »
Texas Scorecard by  Michael Quinn Sullivan  May 26, 2023

Our system of government only works when the citizens are engaged.

There is a lie whispered by tyrants, spoken by sycophants, and repeated by patriots. It is a lie that has undermined our Republic and will be the undoing of our liberty.

That lie is one I hear all too frequently, spoken as though it were holy writ. “I just wish I could go back to a time when I didn’t have to pay attention to government.”

It is a lie I have become frustrated hearing repeated by people who should know better. So much so, I have begun to respond to it with an admittedly snarky question: “So, you must be eager to have King Charles and Lady Camilla reign over you? Or, perhaps, you think the German chancellor would be a nice ruler?”

Because, fundamentally, that is the choice. We can be a self-governing Republic, or we can be a subservient people governed by tyrants.

Our system of government only works when the citizens are engaged. As citizens, it is our job – every day – to pay attention to the government. The extent to which we stop being engaged is in direct proportion to the loss of liberty and the rise of tyranny.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/life/sorry-but-it-is-our-job/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Sorry, But It Is Our Job
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 02:31:58 pm »
Our system of government only works when the citizens are engaged. As citizens, it is our job – every day – to pay attention to the government. The extent to which we stop being engaged is in direct proportion to the loss of liberty and the rise of tyranny.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 12:37:30 am »
That lie is one I hear all too frequently, spoken as though it were holy writ. “I just wish I could go back to a time when I didn’t have to pay attention to government.”

It's effective.  After seven years of proved and rampant government fraud, corruption, sedition, tyrannical lawfare and erasing Constitutionally guaranteed rights  ---  it's such an enormous and welcomed comfort to be assured this is all just someone's "baggage" ---- as a sainted swamp creature, RDS, from the free state of Florida has told us.  Heaven knows *he* has no reason to lie.  888blackhat

Edited to clear up @jmyrlefuller confusion.  As usual, you're welcome, sweetie.   :beer:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 04:29:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 03:48:42 am »
It's effective.  After seven years of proved and rampant government fraud, corruption, sedition, tyrannical lawfare and erasing Constitutionally guaranteed rights  ---  it's such an enormous and welcomed comfort to be assured this is all just someone's "baggage" ---- as a sainted swamp creature from the free state of Florida has told us.  Heaven knows *he* has no reason to lie.  888blackhat
Yes, and that swamp creature from Florida was in charge for four of those seven years.

But given your posting history, you must be thinking of someone else.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 04:50:47 am »
Yes, and that swamp creature from Florida was in charge for four of those seven years.

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 05:14:18 am »

But given your posting history, you must be thinking of someone else.

It's effective.  After seven years of proved and rampant government fraud, corruption, sedition, tyrannical lawfare and erasing Constitutionally guaranteed rights  ---  it's such an enormous and welcomed comfort to be assured this is all just someone's "baggage" ---- as a sainted swamp creature, RDS, from the free state of Florida has told us.  Heaven knows *he* has no reason to lie.  888blackhat

Edited to clear up @jmyrlefuller confusion.  As usual, you're welcome, sweetie.   :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 05:37:29 am »
It's effective.  After seven years of proved and rampant government fraud, corruption, sedition, tyrannical lawfare and erasing Constitutionally guaranteed rights  --- 

@jmyrlefuller had it right.  Trump was indeed in charge during four of those seven years.  Not sure what Ron DeSantis has to do with it.  Or with this topic, for that matter.

---  it's such an enormous and welcomed comfort to be assured this is all just someone's "baggage" ---- as a sainted swamp creature, RDS, from the free state of Florida has told us.

Got a quote on that?  Or is this simply more of your made-up bullshit?

Heaven knows *he* has no reason to lie.  888blackhat

Apparently though, you do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-