Author Topic: ‘A Witch Hunt’: Citizens React to Impeachment Charges Against Attorney General Ken Paxton  (Read 804 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry May 26, 2023

“It’s another witch hunt. This time, it’s not Trump,” said one citizen.

After the House Committee on General Investigating recommended the impeachment of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, citizens took to social media to share their thoughts.

“It’s another witch hunt. This time, it’s not Trump,” said one citizen.

Notably, the impeachment referral comes just days after Paxton called for the resignation of House Speaker Dade Phelan (R–Beaumont) for allegedly running the House while intoxicated.

The committee’s impeachment recommendation largely rehashes the ongoing indictment of Paxton on securities fraud charges, which has been likened to a “political prosecution” for eight years and has been the focus of multiple campaigns. Besides the indictment, the committee report focuses on allegations of bribery and abuse of office by four former employees of the Office of the Attorney General who say they were fired unfairly.

“As a displaced Texan who follows Texas politics, I want to ask… ‘what the hell is going on??’ Can [Phelan] be removed from office in any other fashion besides waiting until 2024?” questioned one woman.

Paxton has alleged that the impeachment is punishment both for questioning Phelan and for regularly fighting the Biden administration:

There is a reason CNN called Texas “a legal graveyard for Biden policies.” I am doing exactly what voters elected me to do. It is a sad day for Texas as we witness the corrupt political establishment unite in this illegitimate attempt to overthrow the will of the people and disenfranchise the voters of our state.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/a-witch-hunt-citizens-react-to-impeachment-charges-against-attorney-general-ken-paxton/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't have a clue who is guilty of what in any  of these cases,but I DO know that  if there is anything "real" that can be proven,it damn sure needs to be taken to court and proven there,regardless of where the chips fall.

You know the most correct definition for a corrupt politician?

It is "OWNED".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Its hard to understand what is "Real" any more. Especially after considering Precedents and Civil Disobedience.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let me see if I can explain this for you.

What happened in the Texas House yesterday wasn't even about Ken Paxton at base. It was entirely about how weighty things should, or should not, be done in that body and the members failed miserably! Their standards were no standards at all!

What is REALLY going on here is that certain elements in this state don't like the fact that Ken Paxton is holding their feet to the fire and are desperate to be rid of him no matter what it takes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

What happened in the Texas House yesterday wasn't even about Ken Paxton at base. It was entirely about how weighty things should, or should not, be done in that body and the members failed miserably! Their standards were no standards at all!

What is REALLY going on here is that certain elements in this state don't like the fact that Ken Paxton is holding their feet to the fire and are desperate to be rid of him no matter what it takes.

@Bigun

Sounds about right.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Prosecutorial Collusion in the Fourth Estate: Anatomy of a Witch Hunt, Part 4

by MARK PULLIAM

This is the most comprehensive explanation of the Paxton situation I have seen to date and it was written by a good friend of mine.

Links to parts one, two, and three embedded in the article at headline link.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Mr. Murr is chair of The House Committee on General Investigating.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

In other words,"business as usual".

I am ASSUMING these creatures are depending on the new influx of voters from Mexico and Ca to keep them in office?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits