Author Topic: Texas GOP Chair Blasts Dade Phelan’s ‘Sham Impeachment’ of Attorney General Ken Paxton  (Read 694 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Brandon Waltens   | May 26, 2023

Matt Rinaldi says it will be up to the Senate to stand against the impeachment.

Following moves in the Texas House to move forward with what some are calling an “illegal impeachment” against Attorney General Ken Paxton, the chairman of the Republican Party of Texas is blasting the chamber for its liberal leadership.

“Speaker Dade Phelan and his leadership team have appointed Democrats to high ranking leadership positions, attacked the Republican Party of Texas, battled our conservative Lieutenant Governor, and killed Governor Abbott’s top priorities,” said Texas GOP Chairman Matt Rinaldi. “The impeachment proceedings against the Attorney General are but the latest front in the Texas House’s war against Republicans to stop the conservative direction of our state.”

This sham impeachment is the result of the Phelan leadership team empowering Democrats, allowing them to hold leadership positions and letting them control the agenda. It is based on allegations already litigated by voters, led by a liberal Speaker trying to undermine his conservative adversaries, and investigated bylawyers connected to a Democrat on the House General Investigations Committee. The voters have supported General Paxton through three elections-and his popularity has only grown despite millions of dollars spent to try to defeat him. Now the Texas House is trying to overturn the election results.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-gop-chair-blasts-dade-phelans-sham-impeachment-of-attorney-general-ken-paxton/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So boot him out of the Party, or you will look compliant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Matt Rinaldi says it will be up to the Senate to stand against the impeachment.

And they will do exactly that, but the conservative agenda is on hold while they get it done. Exactly according to Dade Phelan's plan.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If this sort of thing continues we'll have a parliamentary system in the US, basically.

Online Hoodat

How did Phelan get elevated to Speaker after serving in the Texas House only six years?  Something ain't right about that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
How did Phelan get elevated to Speaker after serving in the Texas House only six years?  Something ain't right about that.

Can you say UNIPARTY?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Term Limits?  In AZ, it is 3 2-year terms and out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Term Limits?  In AZ, it is 3 2-year terms and out.

Nope! No term limits in Texas.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.