Author Topic: HSI arrests former Bosnian prison camp supervisor charged with decades-long scheme to conceal wartim  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 19, 2023BOSTON, MAHUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATORS
HSI arrests former Bosnian prison camp supervisor charged with decades-long scheme to conceal wartime involvement

BOSTON — Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New England arrested a Swampscott man charged May 17 for allegedly participating in beatings and other prisoner abuses in Bosnia and Herzegovina, misrepresenting this material fact in his immigration application to come to the United States and, later, to become a U.S. citizen.

Kemal Mrndzic, 50, was charged with falsifying, concealing and covering up a material fact from the U.S. government by trick, scheme or device; using a fraudulently obtained U.S. passport; and possessing and using a fraudulently obtained naturalization certificate and fraudulently obtained Social Security card. Mrndzic was arrested May 17, and following an initial appearance in federal court in Boston before Chief Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley, was released on a $30,000 cash bond.

“Mrndzic is alleged to have concealed his violent past at the notorious Celebici prison camp, a prison with well-documented cases of violence, abuse and even murder of prisoners during the Bosnian War,” said HSI Assistant Director for National Security Andre Watson. “The Human Rights Violators and War Crimes Center (HRVWCC) will continue to use our deep regional expertise to pursue human rights violators and hold them accountable for their actions.”

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-arrests-former-bosnian-prison-camp-supervisor-charged-decades-long-scheme-conceal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson