Author Topic: Asylum-seekers say joy over end of Title 42 turns to anguish induced by new US rules  (Read 374 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Asylum-seekers say joy over end of Title 42 turns to anguish induced by new US rules
BY JULIE WATSON AND GISELA SALOMON ASSOCIATED PRESS
UPDATED MAY 28, 2023 4:23 AM

TIJUANA, MEXICO The day that President Joe Biden's administration ended a public health measure blocking many asylum-seekers at the Mexican border during the coronavirus pandemic, Teodoso Vargas was ready to show U.S. officials his scars and photos of his bullet-riddled body.

Instead, he stood frozen with his pregnant wife and 5-year-old son at a Tijuana crossing, feet from U.S. soil. He was unsure of the new rules rolled out with the change and whether taking the next few steps to approach U.S. officials to ask for asylum in person could force a return to his native Honduras.

“I can’t go back to my country,” said Vargas, a long scar snaking down his neck from surgery after being shot nine times in his homeland during a robbery. “Fear is why I don’t want to return. If I can just show the proof I have, I believe the U.S. will let me in.”

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/world/article275864596.html#storylink=cpy
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Too, too, too bad...