Author Topic: Rehab clinic director to stand trial for killing, dismemberment of former Kansas resident  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rehab clinic director to stand trial for killing, dismemberment of former Kansas resident
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: May 26, 2023 / 06:17 PM CDT

Updated: May 26, 2023 / 11:31 PM CDT

Judge reads police reports describing buckets filled with body parts, and bones in a bathtub, flesh inside a blender at crime scene

JUAREZ, Mexico (Border Report) – A Mexican judge has ordered the head of a Juarez drug rehab clinic and her friend to stand trial for femicide in connection with the death and dismemberment of a former Wichita, Kansas, resident.

Chihuahua state Judge Brisa Yadira Meraz on Friday told defense attorneys and prosecutors there’s enough evidence to presume that Diana Paola E.L. and Claudia Rubi R.E. betrayed the trust of a patient, killed her during an episode of drug withdrawal and then dismembered her body in an attempt to hide the evidence.

The women now face 41 to 80 years in prison for the aggravated femicide of Celia Yaneth Castañeda. An autopsy revealed the woman died of blunt force trauma to the head.

The judge ruled a gender bias applies because the women took advantage of a person under their care, someone who was vulnerable because of her illness, and that they likely would not have done the same to a man. Also, “there was a high level of cruelty and hate” against a female and they defaced her body after the killing, Meraz said during Friday’s hearing.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/rehab-clinic-director-to-stand-trial-for-killing-dismemberment-of-former-kansas-resident/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson