Author Topic: ‘Overflowing’: Blue State Considers Using Airplane Hangars At Major Airport To House Migrants  (Read 285 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Overflowing’: Blue State Considers Using Airplane Hangars At Major Airport To House Migrants
Jennie TaerMay 23, 20230

The Democratic-run state of New York is considering using an airplane hangar at John F. Kennedy International Airport to house migrants, the state’s governor, Kathy Hochul, said Monday during a press conference.

The state is assessing how it can expand housing for migrants as New York City reaches its breaking point, Hochul said. There are more than 42,000 individuals in city shelters, Hochul said while applauding Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ efforts to continue to expand housing for migrants.

“We are identifying additional shelters. The city is overflowing,” Hochul said.

“The mayor has used every ounce of creativity with him and his team to find space, and we are asking for more space, were looking at hangars at JFK, we’ve asked for Floyd Bennett Field [an area operated by the National Park Service] to stand up a major operation, we have other facilities we have been talking about. We’ll be announcing more on that briefly,” Hochul said.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/05/overflowing-blue-state-considers-using-airplane-hangars-at-major-airport-to-house-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Great Idea. While the average traveler strips off their shoes, empties their pockets, is run through databases, and is scanned to the skin, the people 'hanging out' in hangars and maintenance areas won't be vetted for shit.

What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe the next TWA (since absorbed by AA)  flight going east will have a real internal explosion...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline roamer_1

GOOD. Now you back east sonsabiches... think about that weight AND MORE on a border town of 35,000 or less...

*SPIT*

Offline Smokin Joe

GOOD. Now you back east sonsabiches... think about that weight AND MORE on a border town of 35,000 or less...

*SPIT*
Yeah, my 'give a damn' broke the second they started whining at a couple of busloads.

F'n NIMBYs.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, my 'give a damn' broke the second they started whining at a couple of busloads.

F'n NIMBYs.

That's right. I was against this bussing thing, but it turns out it might have some juice.

Offline libertybele

Gee .... somehow I truly don't feel sorry for them.  Load them back up and take them back across the border and drop them off.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's right. I was against this bussing thing, but it turns out it might have some juice.
Make them live up to their own standards.
Expose their hypocrisy.

It worked with just one planeload at Martha's Vineyard, Noo Yawk City and Chiraq took a few more, that's all.

C S Lewis