Author Topic: Gaetz: Debt Deal with Work Rules, ‘Any’ Spending Cuts, and Energy Reform Is Likely ‘Best Deal’ We’ve  (Read 302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz: Debt Deal with Work Rules, ‘Any’ Spending Cuts, and Energy Reform Is Likely ‘Best Deal’ We’ve Ever Gotten, Maybe Better than Trump

Ian Hanchett 27 May 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of Newsmax TV’s “Greg Kelly Reports,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said that if the debt ceiling deal between President Joe Biden and House Speaker Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has work requirements, “any reduction in spending,” and “any regulatory or energy reform,” then “he could probably argue to me and to a lot of other House conservatives that it is, in fact, the best deal any Republican Speaker has gotten out of a Democrat President over a debt limit negotiation, perhaps even more than we got out of President Trump.” And that while they may not vote for it, he believes it would keep anyone from wanting McCarthy ousted as Speaker.

Gaetz said, “f McCarthy gets work requirements, if he gets any reduction in spending, if he gets any regulatory or energy reform, he could probably argue to me and to a lot of other House conservatives that it is, in fact, the best deal any Republican Speaker has gotten out of a Democrat President over a debt limit negotiation, perhaps even more than we got out of President Trump. My suspicion is that that will give McCarthy plenty of cover on the right, and we might not be able to vote for it, but that’s a different thing than wanting to blow the place up and call for McCarthy’s head. My suspicion is this will be about 140-160 Republicans, with a coalition of about 80-100 Democrats, and if he can get that many Democrats to vote for work requirements and spending cuts, I would say maybe all the work we did in January gave us the best version of Kevin McCarthy.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/27/gaetz-debt-deal-with-work-rules-any-spending-cuts-and-energy-reform-is-likely-best-deal-weve-ever-gotten-maybe-better-than-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The best we can do is got down on our knees, take all the blame for democrats getting everything they want, and pretend the deal was all done at the highest virtue-st levels.  Millions of blind fool Lewinsky stooges celebrate such open awhoring, with great satisfaction.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Kamaji

Until republicans have full control of the Congress - Senate and House - and the White House, half-measures and compromises is about all that is going to get done.

There is no "my way or the highway" for the republicans under the current situation, with both the Senate and the White House in the democrats' control.

Incentive to get out there and work really, really hard to get more republicans elected to the House and Senate, at least.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Until republicans have full control of the Congress - Senate and House - and the White House, half-measures and compromises is about all that is going to get done.

There is no "my way or the highway" for the republicans under the current situation, with both the Senate and the White House in the democrats' control.

Incentive to get out there and work really, really hard to get more republicans elected to the House and Senate, at least.
Funny how we had all that for two years and the 'Pubbies pissed it away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Funny how we had all that for two years and the 'Pubbies pissed it away.

Indeed -- Trump had his chance with a full majority and absolutely blew it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Indeed -- Trump had his chance with a full majority and absolutely blew it.
The great deal maker couldn't get budget reform or a border wall authorized as law by congress or...or..., just erasable EO's that Brandon erased on day one leaving what, other than the Supreme court that McTurtle actually made happen?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

"Uncomfortable Truths" are still truths.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!