Author Topic: Texas high school postpones ceremony after only 5 seniors met graduation requirements  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 26, 2023 7:30pm EDT
Texas high school postpones ceremony after only 5 seniors met graduation requirements
Only five out of 33 seniors met graduation requirements after an initial internal audit of attendance, grades, and credits

By Joshua Q. Nelson | Fox News

A Texas high school had to postpone its graduation after only a few of their seniors met graduation requirements.

While preparing for the ceremony, students at Marlin High School received a disappointing announcement on Wednesday that their graduation would be rescheduled for June.

The school district announced the sudden change in a statement posted to Facebook along with calling for a mandatory meeting for senior parents that same night.

Community members and parents took to the comment section to blast the school district for the outcome. Some parents said that the move is not fair to the students who did pass the graduation requirements.

According to NPR, Marlin ISD Superintendent Darryl Henson said a review of attendance, grades and credits found that only five out of 33 seniors initially met graduation requirements. The school tried to work with students and was able to "help an additional 12 students resolve missing credits and other issues as of Wednesday evening."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-high-school-postpones-ceremony-5-seniors-met-graduation-requirements
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The five who 'made it' should graduate, with full pomp and circumstance.

Holding them back is just another example of how the education system drags down those most able to avoid offending those who would not or could not make the grade.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Helping 12 students find missing credits?  What a crock.  Where did the missing credits go?  Teacher tuck them away as needed?  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
When I was in HS I was fully aware of the requirements for graduation. I didn't need some teacher, counselor, or other party guiding me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley