Author Topic: Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Condemn Pope Francis for “Anti-Catholic” Campaign Against Nuns  (Read 442 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Condemn Pope Francis for “Anti-Catholic” Campaign Against Nuns

By John Zmirak Published on May 26, 2023
John Zmirak

Sr. Tequila Nastypants, Mother Superior of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, came out swinging at a press event last evening, criticizing Pope Francis for his attacks on conservative religious orders in the Catholic Church:

Yeah, we poke filthy fun at nuns, and prance around in outrageous costumes doing obscene, sacrilegious things. But Pope Francis has sent in henchmen to interrogate sincere, traditional nuns. Then he closed down their communities, seized their facilities, and essentially turned them out on the street to fend for themselves. We’d never do that. It’s just plain mean.

“We don’t want to wipe out Catholic orders of nuns. We’re just a bunch of happy degenerates who want to mainstream sexual perversion,” Nastypants averred.

more
https://stream.org/sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence-condemn-pope-francis-for-anti-catholic-campaign-against-nuns/?utm_source=pocket_saves
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
We’re just a bunch of happy degenerates who want to mainstream sexual perversion,” Nastypants averred.

Thanks for clearing that up.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Disgusting....I had a Notre Dame nun in HS...Sister Mary John....a karate/judo enthusiast...I tell you she kept the senior boys on their toes..they were afraid of her...one day I saw her grab one of the boys by his collar and throw him against the lockers..he was a football player.... she was my Home Room Nun and grabbed me one day for chewing gum...*Nancy*, she said...*you owe me a dollar* I paid-up right away...lol

I just wonder what she would say about this...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:02:32 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Yep...at least he is honest...I guess
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:02:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, that clarifies ....well, nothing.

Even Dr. Watson had that one figured out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sr. Jeannine Gramick to L.A. Dodgers: “I Support Your Honoring the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.”

Robert Shine, Managing Editor

The following is a letter from Sr. Jeannine Gramick, SL, co-founder of New Ways Ministry, to the Los Angeles Dodgers organization.

Dear friends,

I am aware of the controversy regarding the L.A. Dodgers and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

I am a member of the Sisters of Loretto, a Roman Catholic congregation of women religious, have been a Catholic nun for more than 60 years, and ministered to and with the LGBTQ Catholic community for more than 50 years.

While I am uncomfortable with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence using the nuns’ old garb to draw attention to bigotry, whether Catholic or not, there is a hierarchy of values in this situation. The choice of clothing, even if offensive to some, can never trump the works of mercy.

Just as I have great respect for Catholic nuns because of their compassion and good works over the centuries, I applaud the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence for their financial assistance to those in need. I support them because of all their good works. I believe that any group that serves the community, especially those who are less fortunate or on the margins of society, should be honored.

I support your honoring the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

Peace,
Sr. Jeannine Gramick, SL, May 27, 2023

more
https://www.newwaysministry.org/2023/05/27/sr-jeannine-gramick-to-l-a-dodgers-i-support-your-honoring-the-sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Sr. Jeannine Gramick to L.A. Dodgers: “I Support Your Honoring the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.”

Robert Shine, Managing Editor

The following is a letter from Sr. Jeannine Gramick, SL, co-founder of New Ways Ministry, to the Los Angeles Dodgers organization.

Dear friends,

I am aware of the controversy regarding the L.A. Dodgers and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

I am a member of the Sisters of Loretto, a Roman Catholic congregation of women religious, have been a Catholic nun for more than 60 years, and ministered to and with the LGBTQ Catholic community for more than 50 years.

While I am uncomfortable with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence using the nuns’ old garb to draw attention to bigotry, whether Catholic or not, there is a hierarchy of values in this situation. The choice of clothing, even if offensive to some, can never trump the works of mercy.

Just as I have great respect for Catholic nuns because of their compassion and good works over the centuries, I applaud the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence for their financial assistance to those in need. I support them because of all their good works. I believe that any group that serves the community, especially those who are less fortunate or on the margins of society, should be honored.

I support your honoring the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

Peace,
Sr. Jeannine Gramick, SL, May 27, 2023

more
https://www.newwaysministry.org/2023/05/27/sr-jeannine-gramick-to-l-a-dodgers-i-support-your-honoring-the-sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence/

Ahh, so debasing Christ is just fine with Sister Gramick, so long as the debasers have, at some point in the past, given money to the poor.

Really Sister?  Are Christ, and your relationship to Him, so cheap and ephemeral?