Author Topic: DeSantis says he would welcome bill to abolish 'corrupt' IRS: 'We need something totally different'  (Read 848 times)

Offline roamer_1

Absolutely!!  happy77

So the TEA is still in him. Hope springs anew...

Only one bumbling loudmouth in the way!  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nice aspirational goal, but it ain't happening.  What would be better would be for DeSantis to push for another comprehensive reform of the IRS, along the lines of the TBOR acts in the 1990s.

@Kamaji

I agreed,but  the "Bleep YOU,ME FIRST!" goobers would stroke out if he tried that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Considering the IRS has been 'weaponized' before under Obama, and 'hunting' conservative organizations, this is a timely goal. If effective, it sure beats mean tweets.

@Smokin Joe

NOT going to happen,though.

I'll be happy if they just go back to the "if you didn't pay into the system,the system won't pay you" original plan.

Unfortunately,that's not going to happen,either. We probably  now have hundreds of thousand of people getting monthly  checks from the system that have never paid a dime into it,and will NEVER pay a dime into it. I have read reports that there are now more than 50,000 illegal aliens drawing welfare and getting "free" housing,utilities,furniture,food,medical care,and  even spending money each month,thanks to the "generosity" of the DNC.

The DNC is using it to buy votes from illegal aliens at the moment,and  who knows who else?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not about to try to PROVE anything for you but will note that it is my observation that there are a great many in this country now who would find it VERY difficult to earn a living without the existence of those things.

@Bigun

And that group includes a LOT of elderly and/or crippled Americans who paid into the system while they were still able to work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There are large industries made up lawyers and legislators that derive their wealth and power through tax law. Trying to defund/depower them will be met with severe resistance. They are an entrenched class that play both sides of the private/public sector. It is corrupt as hell and no one will likely touch them.

@DB

I agree,but if done at all,it won't be done overnight no matter who is claiming they can do it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That may be but the fact that this is an agenda of DeSantis' is refreshing; better than throwing his hands up in the air and not even trying.

@libertybele

There are MANY  people who  would rather be lied to than be forced to deal with an ugly  truth.

The system didn't get created overnight,and it is not going to be fixed overnight,either.