Author Topic: DeSantis says he would welcome bill to abolish 'corrupt' IRS: 'We need something totally different'  (Read 838 times)

Offline libertybele

Yes!!!

DeSantis says he would welcome bill to abolish 'corrupt' IRS: 'We need something totally different'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said he would be "welcoming" of a measure from Congress to defund the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) if he's elected president next year.

The comments from DeSantis, who officially announced this week that he would seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2024, came during a conversation with radio host and Second Amendment advocate Dana Loesch on The Dana Show.

During the interview, DeSantis was asked whether he would sign a measure from Congress to abolish the IRS through funding means, as well as what he would replace the system with.

"Are you for a far tax, a flat tax, where do you stand on that?" Loesch asked DeSantis.

"So, the answer's yes. I think the IRS is a corrupt organization and I think it's not a friend to the average citizen or taxpayer," DeSantis responded. "We need something totally different."

"I've supported all of the single rate proposals, I think they would be a huge improvement over the current system and I would be welcoming to take this tax system, chunk it out the window and do something that's more favorable to the average folks."

DeSantis, who has repeatedly taken aim at the IRS for its unfair practices and crackdown on the middle class, said last August that an effort from the Biden administration to expand the IRS with 87,000 new agents was an indication of disrespect.

"Of all the things that have come out of Washington that have been outrageous, this has got to be pretty close to the top," DeSantis said at the time. "I think it was basically just the middle finger to the American public, that this is what they think of you."..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-welcome-bill-abolish-corrupt-irs-need-something-totally-different
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

DeSantis continues his push for conservatism.  He is going to make a great president.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
DeSantis says he would welcome bill to abolish 'corrupt' IRS: 'We need something totally different'

:yowsa:  :amen:

Mr. DeSantis just made a HUGE step toward gaining my support.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Nice aspirational goal, but it ain't happening.  What would be better would be for DeSantis to push for another comprehensive reform of the IRS, along the lines of the TBOR acts in the 1990s.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nice aspirational goal, but it ain't happening.  What would be better would be for DeSantis to push for another comprehensive reform of the IRS, along the lines of the TBOR acts in the 1990s.

So, YOU say.  I think otherwise.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

From what I gathered from reading the article, reforming the IRS is his plan. Although not necessarily along the lines of TBOR.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

So, YOU say.  I think otherwise.

I'll affirm your right to think otherwise.  It's affirming care.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering the IRS has been 'weaponized' before under Obama, and 'hunting' conservative organizations, this is a timely goal. If effective, it sure beats mean tweets.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'll affirm your right to think otherwise.  It's affirming care.

And MY ability to earn a living does not depend on the existence of either the income tax or the IRS.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

And MY ability to earn a living does not depend on the existence of either the income tax or the IRS.

Ok.  That pretty much applies to just about everyone in the country, so not a big deal.

Offline Kamaji

Considering the IRS has been 'weaponized' before under Obama, and 'hunting' conservative organizations, this is a timely goal. If effective, it sure beats mean tweets.

Agreed.

Online corbe

Not to be outdone by 'Meatball Ron', Trump will insist his forthcoming plan will get rid of the entire Treasury Department.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Not to be outdone by 'Meatball Ron', Trump will insist his forthcoming plan will get rid of the entire Treasury Department.

:mauslaff:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ok.  That pretty much applies to just about everyone in the country, so not a big deal.

If you say so.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I do.  Prove otherwise.

I'm not about to try to PROVE anything for you but will note that it is my observation that there are a great many in this country now who would find it VERY difficult to earn a living without the existence of those things.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

I'm not about to try to PROVE anything for you but will note that it is my observation that there are a great many in this country now who would find it VERY difficult to earn a living without the existence of those things.

Like whom?  Accountants?  Plenty of need for accountants without the existence of the IRS.  Tax lawyers?  Their skills are easily transferrable to other practice areas.

No, there are precious few people in this country whose ability to earn a living is dependent on the existence of the IRS.  At worst there would be some disruption in the lives of the employees of the IRS as they looked for new jobs, but that'd be about it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Like whom?  Accountants?  Plenty of need for accountants without the existence of the IRS.  Tax lawyers?  Their skills are easily transferrable to other practice areas.

No, there are precious few people in this country whose ability to earn a living is dependent on the existence of the IRS.  At worst there would be some disruption in the lives of the employees of the IRS as they looked for new jobs, but that'd be about it.

Once again, we find ourselves in fundamental disagreement on this matter and I have no further interest in engaging you on the matter here.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:39:20 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Even so... Moving us in that direction is not going to happen at all without folks that represent us having it in mind.

This is another bright Conservative feather in DeSantis' cap.

HURRAH!

Offline roamer_1

YES, it does.  :beer:

Offline DB

There are large industries made up lawyers and legislators that derive their wealth and power through tax law. Trying to defund/depower them will be met with severe resistance. They are an entrenched class that play both sides of the private/public sector. It is corrupt as hell and no one will likely touch them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:51:50 pm by DB »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There are large industries made up lawyers and legislators that derive their wealth and power through tax law. Trying to defund/depower them will be met with severe resistance. They are an entrenched class that play both sides of the private/public sector. It is corrupt as hell and no one will likely touch them.

:yowsa: Absolutely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

That may be but the fact that this is an agenda of DeSantis' is refreshing; better than throwing his hands up in the air and not even trying.

Offline libertybele

Even so... Moving us in that direction is not going to happen at all without folks that represent us having it in mind.

This is another bright Conservative feather in DeSantis' cap.

HURRAH!

Absolutely!!  happy77

Offline DB

That may be but the fact that this is an agenda of DeSantis' is refreshing; better than throwing his hands up in the air and not even trying.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with DeSantis. More power to him pushing back on this.