Author Topic: Are You Surprised? This Is Reportedly A Top Demand For Dems In Debt Ceiling Negotiations  (Read 565 times)

Online American Girl

The Democrat philosophy continues to be “the more government dependency the better.”
This isn't the American way this is the communist way!

https://www.rightjournalism.com/are-you-surprised-this-is-reportedly-a-top-demand-for-dems-in-debt-ceiling-negotiations/

Offline Kamaji

It appears that the main sticking point for Democrats, from which they are reportedly refusing to budge, is Republicans wanting a work requirement for able-bodied people receiving government assistance.

Why do Democrats want people on welfare not working?  Meanwhile, they say we need mass migration to fill jobs.  People who can, should be working, and if you don’t work there should be no taxpayer-funded welfare benefits.

Offline PeteS in CA

:beer: @Kamaji for wading through so much blah-blah to the Dems' supposed "Top Demand". Some "news" sites seem to be infested with pop-ups, ads between every paragraph or so, and verbosity before getting to the article's supposed point.

Dems have been fighting against work requirements since at least the early 80s. Like Reb Tevye would say, "It's a tradition!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

:beer: @Kamaji for wading through so much blah-blah to the Dems' supposed "Top Demand". Some "news" sites seem to be infested with pop-ups, ads between every paragraph or so, and verbosity before getting to the article's supposed point.

Dems have been fighting against work requirements since at least the early 80s. Like Reb Tevye would say, "It's a tradition!"

@PeteS in CA :beer:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
A great many of the foreigners coming here are not to work but to live like a King compared to where they came from , living free and high on the hog.  Often with more rights and benefits than Americans are allowed!  Bankrupting America financially is a high priority to the globalist and Americas ultra rich.  Remember the ultra-fools, the cry; this isn't the fool utopia i expected and was promised.  (Mega fools are like that).
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 06:26:29 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

A great many of the foreigners coming here are not to work but to live like a King compared to where they came from , living free and high on the hog.  Often with more rights and benefits than Americans are allowed!  Bankrupting America financially is a high priority to the globalist and Americas ultra rich.  Remember the ultra-fools, the cry; this isn't the fool utopia i expected and was promised.  (Mega fools are like that).

Exactly right!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

My experience with "foreigners" is rather different. From restaurant workers (great for people with limited English) to engineers in tech companies, the people from other countries I mostly see are hard workers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, it is more than a tradition.

Imagine, for a moment, someone discovering that they could work and make money, even get more from the work than the government, and not have all those official busybodies sniffing their asses to make sure they'd eaten the right diet and telling them what moving social goalposts and flaming hoops come next?

Why, that might catch on...people might get ideas...like not needing all those liberals to tell them how to live and even leave the plantation. It's why the jump from full-on 'assistance' (housing, utilities, medical, dental, vision, food) is so hard to make, to make that jump to the next level so difficult that people won't even try.  Anything that makes that a ramp instead of a cliff to climb, might actually lead to some of those chattel walking off.

Can't have that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My experience with "foreigners" is rather different. From restaurant workers (great for people with limited English) to engineers in tech companies, the people from other countries I mostly see are hard workers.
My experience has been the same, in the oilfield and construction. A roofing company rep once confided to me that he was far, far less likely to hire a white guy than a Mexican because the Mexicans showed up, clean and sober, and got the work done fast and right. In this area, most of those who are physically capable and can pass a pre-employment drug screen are off in the oil patch making really good money, still. He said that leaves slackers and meth heads...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have found that when you get right down to it people are the same no mater where they come from( I have managed White teens and Hispanics and worked construction with quite a mix), you have hard workers who strive to learn and advance, those who do a good job but no more than they have to, slackers who do the minimum and then those who work the system for all they can get at the expense of those who work. For decades the democrats have strived to increase the the latter group so as to build their voting block with freebies. I have no doubt that just like the mix already in the US we will similar flooding the border with numbers intentionally skewed to the slacker by democrats looking to increase those who will vote for them.

One problem for the democrats is that a majority of those flooding in are Catholic or other Christian so  will the freebies be enough to overcome their abhorrence to abortion and faggotry and the lefts attack on traditional families.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 09:13:42 pm by GtHawk »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

It appears that the main sticking point for Democrats, from which they are reportedly refusing to budge, is Republicans wanting a work requirement for able-bodied people receiving government assistance.

Why do Democrats want people on welfare not working?  Meanwhile, they say we need mass migration to fill jobs.  People who can, should be working, and if you don’t work there should be no taxpayer-funded welfare benefits.

@Kamaji

You would THINK there would be no group MORE in favor of having a work requirement than the blue-collar working-class people,many of whom have to work outside in all kinds of weather for decades to meet their obligations to feed,house,and clothe themselves and their families.

Frankly,I have a hard time believing they will not be rioting in the streets if the Dims get their way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

Those people were and are the "traditional immigrants".

The "immigrants" that everyone is talking  about now are the illegal aliens who are flooding the county  to retire in place and still get all the "good stuff" without having to work for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have found that when you get right down to it people are the same no mater where they come from( I have managed White teens and Hispanics and worked construction with quite a mix), you have hard workers who strive to learn and advance, those who do a good job but no more than they have to, slackers who do the minimum and then those who work the system for all they can get at the expense of those who work. For decades the democrats have strived to increase the the latter group so as to build their voting block with freebies. I have no doubt that just like the mix already in the US we will similar flooding the border with numbers intentionally skewed to the slacker by democrats looking to increase those who will vote for them.

One problem for the democrats is that a majority of those flooding in are Catholic or other Christian so  will the freebies be enough to overcome their abhorrence to abortion and faggotry and the lefts attack on traditional families.

@GtHawk  I would like to think you are right,but I strongly  suspect most will be happy to just get here and "retire in place" without having to work,and will remain silent because they will be told if they complain they will lose all the "free" stuff. This will be expecially true of those who don't speak English or have the ability/knowledge to work a skilled trade.

I suspect the largest mass of foreigners crashing our  borders now are from the class of workers whose  only skills are menial labor because those were the only jobs they could get back where they came from.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk  I would like to think you are right,but I strongly  suspect most will be happy to just get here and "retire in place" without having to work,and will remain silent because they will be told if they complain they will lose all the "free" stuff. This will be expecially true of those who don't speak English or have the ability/knowledge to work a skilled trade.

I suspect the largest mass of foreigners crashing our  borders now are from the class of workers whose  only skills are menial labor because those were the only jobs they could get back where they came from.
I have had experience with both immigrants and 'migrants' and while yes there were some 'migrants' that just mostly gamed the system popping out more anchor babies for a bigger payday, the majority of 'migrants' I knew were hard workers trying to learn and better themselves and life for their family. Having said that I agree that I have fear (should just say I believe) that a very high percentage of what is coming in are the most ignorant and illiterate along with a whole lot of terrorists and chicom spies. The unfortunate thing is that all we can do is work to slam the border shut and keep it that way, just like in 1924. As far as what has/is getting in? Once we are able to control the border those that make themselves known by egregiously breaking the law(yeah I know illegal entry) need to be expelled and kept out with a locked border. There is absolutely no realistic or unrealistic way these 'migrants' can or will be expelled en mass the way a certain candidate says they will do, aint gonna happen!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Notice the WOKE agendas right in your faces and justified by generalities, with specific atrocities my foreign criminals committing atrocious crimes here.  They vend only the sympathetic side to the foreigners and ignore the crimes that are coming with them.  Democrat rich businessmen send the best jobs to foreigners out of this Country, then dump huge numbers of foreigners to take up the lower wage jobs of what is left.  Leaving Americans enormous debts, shortages of jobs, and heavy competition of what jobs are left, driving wages down, with ever rising taxes and prices.
As i pointed out years ago, the agenda to turn America into a third world Country, and America is falling in the ratings of prosperous nations.  The rich America haters have a real zeal at hating America and wanting its economic demise.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions