Author Topic: Was the Durham Report a distraction to cover up something even worse?  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 26, 2023
Was the Durham Report a distraction to cover up something even worse?
By Maker S. Mark

I have become increasingly skeptical of much of what is going on in our government.  AT writers and readers inspire me to question everything.

Some recent events have caused me to pause and ask some questions about why now.  When multiple "bad" items are reported in tandem, I am often left to ask: is this really the thing, or is it perhaps a distraction?

In the same timeframe during which the Durham report was released, we also saw a report released on the FBI FISA abuses.  We are supposed to be happy that only 278,000 unauthorized (illegal) warrantless searches occurred in 2020 and accept that the FBI has resolved this situation.

Interesting...a system created to keep tabs on foreign threats is being used to illegally spy on American citizens at an alarming rate.  And the most absurd item in the story is that we are to believe that the FBI has new processes in place that resolve this.  I would not be surprised if we learn later that they redefined the definition of searches to cut down on the number of illegal searches (think redefining gain-of-function research to say we aren't funding it).

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/was_the_durham_report_a_distraction_to_cover_up_something_even_worse.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 04:51:36 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We've given the FedGov so much power and money, who knows exactly what they are up to? They are already colluding with foreign powers for our destruction, so nothing surprises me at this point.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Link does not match headline article @mystery-ak
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Interesting...a system created to keep tabs on foreign threats is being used to illegally spy on American citizens at an alarming rate.  And the most absurd item in the story is that we are to believe that the FBI has new processes in place that resolve this.  I would not be surprised if we learn later that they redefined the definition of searches to cut down on the number of illegal searches (think redefining gain-of-function research to say we aren't funding it).

One separate comment about the FBI response: the Durham report specifically calls out the FBI for not needing new procedures for the abuses investigated, but the FBI needs better enforcement of existing procedures.  If there is ill intent, and I would say the evidence is that there were at least 278,000 instances of ill intent that we know of, then no procedural change made will make a difference.  Ill intent equals bad behavior almost every time if there are no consequences.

It was discovered that Perkins Coie had an FBI portal in their office and that they were running "searches" on this portal.  In my opinion, it was odd that a law firm, especially one with clear left-leaning ties, including to the discredited Steele Dossier, was given an FBI portal.

Now we know that Democrat operatives had direct access to an FBI portal, and we know that someone was running warrantless searches on Americans.  According to the information supplied, the 278,000 illegal, warrantless searches occurred between 2016 and 2020 and would seem to overlap with the Perkins Coie law firm having access to the FBI portal during the 2020 presidential election cycle.

Hmmmm.  Have we been provided with information on who ran those searches?  How many of the warrantless searches were run outside FBI offices on portals like the one at Perkins Coie?  Did Perkins Coie run any illegal searches through their portal?

Is the Durham Report a distraction from this potential fact pattern?

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/was_the_durham_report_a_distraction_to_cover_up_something_even_worse.html

:yowsa: :amen:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 04:37:06 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Link does not match headline article @mystery-ak

Fixed it...that's what I get for having too many tabs open....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Fixed it...that's what I get for having too many tabs open....

888high58888  :police:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They likely have revised their processes. Efficiency and all that, and likely have AI bots scouring the webs for data for more targets of sting operations they initiate and incite.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis