Author Topic: Thousands of flags dot Boston Common in tribute to fallen service members  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thousands of flags dot Boston Common in tribute to fallen service members

MAY 27, 2023 CHRIS VAN BUSKIRK - MASSLIVE.COM
More than 37,000 United States flags dotted the Boston Common Thursday, representing the thousands of military service members from Massachusetts who sacrificed their lives in defense of the country since the Revolutionary War.

Elected officials, military leaders, and families of fallen service members gathered near the Soldiers and Sailors Monument to add 397 more flags to the memorial to represent those who were lost since the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

The flags are planted in the hope that they offer a “measure of comfort” to families who can know that “we always remember their service and sacrifice,” said Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund President Thomas Crohan.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/05/thousands-of-flags-dot-boston-common-in-tribute-to-fallen-service-members/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson