Author Topic: Reparations demands are spiking and Democrats have this astonishing reaction  (Read 297 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 26, 2023 4:00am EDT
Reparations demands are spiking and Democrats have this astonishing reaction
Democrat promises of money for reparations have created expectations among Black citizens

By Jonathan Turley | Fox News

"It's time to pay." Those four words from Missouri Democrat Rep. Cori Bush are being heard a lot by Democratic politicians across the country this month. For Bush, the debt amounts to $14 trillion in reparations for Black Americans.

In California, activists are demanding as much as $5 million per Black resident and asking Gov. Gavin Newsom "where's the money?" One member of Newsom's Reparations Task Force demanded that the state pay its "sin bill"

In New York and Chicago, mayors are balking at towering costs from migrants being shipped from the border to their "sanctuary" cities.

In Tampa, after demanding $3 million per Black resident, a witness said that he and others were putting "White people on notice that we want our reparations." Bills are coming due after years of political campaigning on these issues.

Reparations and sanctuary cities have long been the bread and butter of identity politics. For years, Democratic politicians have campaigned on these "moral imperatives" in passing sanctuary laws and setting up reparation task forces.   

It is the equivalent of a compounding interest on credit card debt. Each election Democrats used these issues for short-term political gains. Now those bills are coming due and Democratic leaders are balking.

President Joe Biden and Congress are in a potentially lethal game of chicken over the looming default over our debt. It would not seem an ideal time to demand an additional $14 trillion, but Bush declared, "Black people in our country cannot wait any longer." She was joined by members like Reps. Barbara Lee, D-CA, Jamaal Bowman, D-NY, and Rashida Tlaib, D-MI.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/reparations-demands-spiking-democrats-have-this-astonishing-reaction
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nope.
Not paying another dime.
Get a damned job--
Like those of us who have been shelling out since LBJ signed the "Great Society" into being--

my entire working life.

Your cultural leaders have help piss away trillions of dollars by selling you on the great freebie.

Time for new management. Time for you to do something other than beg for more, much less demand it.

Get a job, like we who had little or nothing did to support your medical care, dental care, food and housing, often at the expense of such things for ourselves and our own families.

Pick your own cotton.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Nope.
Not paying another dime.
Get a damned job--
Like those of us who have been shelling out since LBJ signed the "Great Society" into being--

my entire working life.

Your cultural leaders have help piss away trillions of dollars by selling you on the great freebie.

Time for new management. Time for you to do something other than beg for more, much less demand it.

Get a job, like we who had little or nothing did to support your medical care, dental care, food and housing, often at the expense of such things for ourselves and our own families.

Pick your own cotton.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's going just as I predicted:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,487132.msg2755218.html#msg2755218

Soon to become "the new civil rights movement" of the 2020's.
Unstoppable.
Watch dem folks be jumpin' on the reparations bandwagon!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's going just as I predicted:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,487132.msg2755218.html#msg2755218

Soon to become "the new civil rights movement" of the 2020's.
Unstoppable.
Watch dem folks be jumpin' on the reparations bandwagon!
Not happening. BLOAT
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

The monster the Democrats created is now coming to haunt them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy