Author Topic: The Truth About Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy – OpEd  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Truth About Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy – OpEd
« on: May 27, 2023, 02:16:19 pm »
The Truth About Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy – OpEd
 May 27, 2023  Fair Observer  0 Comments
By Fair Observer

By Vikram Zutshi

The roots of the immigration crisis at the US-Mexico border can be traced back to historical factors that have shaped the region. The United States and Mexico share a complex history marked by colonialism, territorial disputes, economic interdependence, and socio-political factors. Economic disparities, limited opportunities, violence, and political instability in Mexico have historically pushed individuals to seek a better life across the border. Simultaneously, the demand for labor in the United States has acted as a magnet, pulling migrants northward.

The signing of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1994 brought about a significant shift in the dynamics of US-Mexico relations. While NAFTA aimed to promote economic growth and development, it also had unintended consequences for Mexican farmers and small-scale industries. The influx of subsidized American agricultural products led to the displacement of local farmers and increased unemployment. This economic upheaval, coupled with the lure of higher wages and employment opportunities, further fueled migration from Mexico to the United States.

A Teetering System
According to the most reliable estimates, there were approximately 11 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States. However, these numbers may have fluctuated since then. The Migration Policy Institute estimated that around 79% of the undocumented immigrant population in the United States in 2018 originated from Mexico and Central America, including countries such as El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.

https://www.eurasiareview.com/27052023-the-truth-about-joe-bidens-immigration-policy-oped/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Truth About Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy – OpEd
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 02:18:21 pm »

According to the most reliable estimates, there were approximately 11 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States. However, these numbers may have fluctuated since then. 

There were more than that when John Roberts unilaterally passed Obamacare. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson