Author Topic: No Sun, No Wind, Big Problem: Benign Weather Could Cause Blackouts in States With Green Grids, Offic  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No Sun, No Wind, Big Problem: Benign Weather Could Cause Blackouts in States With Green Grids, Officials Warn
State, federal officials say increase in green power, decrease in gas and coal could bring catastrophe

Collin Anderson
May 18, 2023
It's a warm summer night in Texas, and as the sun goes down, the wind eases to a calm breeze. There's nothing extreme about the weather, but the pleasant conditions could present a big problem for the state's green power grid.

Texas is one of many states that have seen fossil fuel plants close in favor of green power generation alternatives, such as wind and solar. But those alternatives are less reliable than their gas and coal counterparts—wind turbines need strong gusts to generate power at full capacity, and solar panels don't work at night. As a result, state and federal officials are warning residents in Texas and elsewhere that high summer temperatures, combined with low winds at night, could bring power blackouts.

https://freebeacon.com/energy/no-sun-no-wind-big-problem-benign-weather-could-cause-blackouts-in-states-with-green-grids-officials-warn/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 11:21:58 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson