Author Topic: Most House Democrats, Eight Republicans Help Biden Shield China’s Solar Industry from U.S. Tariffs  (Read 252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Most House Democrats, Eight Republicans Help Biden Shield China’s Solar Industry from U.S. Tariffs

John Binder 26 May 2023

Nearly all House Democrats, along with eight House Republicans, helped tank an effort to override President Joe Biden’s veto of a bipartisan plan that would have restored United States tariffs on China-made solar panels.

In June 2022, Biden announced a 24-month tariff moratorium on solar panel imports from Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. Commerce Department officials suspect that the solar panels are actually made in China but have been routed through the four southeast Asian nations to avoid U.S. tariffs on China-made solar panels.

The suspension of tariffs came even as Biden’s Commerce Department found that BYD Hong Kong rerouted its production through Cambodia, Canadian Solar and Trina through Thailand, and Vina Solar through Vietnam for the sole purpose of avoiding the tariffs.

This week, after Biden vetoed a House and Senate-approved plan to reinstate the tariffs on solar panel imports, 197 House Democrats and eight House Republicans voted to help the administration stave off the tariffs.

The only Republicans to oppose overriding Biden’s veto were the same group that initially joined most Democrats to oppose restoring the tariffs:

Rep. John Curtis (R-UT)
    Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-NY)
    Rep. Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Rep. Nicholas LaLota (R-NY)
    Rep. Mike Lawler (R-NY)
    Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)
    Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks (R-IA)
    Rep. Marcus Molinaro (R-NY)

“[Failing to override Biden’s veto] says that we will allow trade cheating, we want cheap stuff at any cost, we don’t really care about forced labor, we don’t care about dirty coal being used to make the panels that take 10 years of use to offset the dirty coal that went into them,” Michael Stumo, the CEO of the Coalition for a Prosperous America told Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO).

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/26/most-house-democrats-eight-republicans-help-biden-shield-chinas-solar-industry-from-u-s-tariffs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Blame the 8 Republicans and give the entire Democrat party a pass.  Functional morons and idiots will, that just a part of how we got in the mess we are now in.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

Almost all from NY.  Interesting.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Almost all from NY.  Interesting.
I'd bet there's money to follow, somewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd bet there's money to follow, somewhere.

@Smokin Joe

I am betting the money changed hands in advance. Remember,these are NY Dims,and they ain't trusting NOBODY to pay them after they do the dirty work.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!