Author Topic: 'Squad' Democrat Bowman hammers Biden for negotiating with Republican 'terrorists' on debt crisis  (Read 418 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Squad' Democrat Bowman hammers Biden for negotiating with Republican 'terrorists' on debt crisis
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter
May 26, 2023 08:14 AM

Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) criticized President Joe Biden for working with congressional Republican leaders on the debt ceiling talks, saying he is "frustrated" at the president's choice of avenue to address the crisis.

Biden and Democrats have called for a "clean" debt ceiling increase since the beginning that does not address spending, while Republicans passed a bill in the House in late April that would crack down on spending and raise work requirements for social welfare programs.

Some Democrats, including Bowman, have been critical of the Republican plan and called on Biden to use the 14th Amendment as an option to avoid discussions with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and other GOP leaders.

"I'm very frustrated," the "Squad" member told CNN. "I called on the president to invoke the 14th Amendment and mint a coin and do not negotiate with hostage-takers."

"I mean, we don't negotiate with terrorists globally. Why are we gonna negotiate with the economic terrorists here that are the Republican Party?" Bowman continued.

However, the White House said on Thursday that the "only option" in terms of avoiding a default on the United States's debt is to negotiate with Congress and find a compromise.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/bowman-frustrated-biden-republican-negotiations
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 06:06:00 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

That's a good sign that McCarthy is getting something for what he's willing to give up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Terrorists? ... like Fiscal Jihad issuing a Fiscal Fatwa?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

Democrats have made light of the word terrorist. It’s now defined as anybody that disagrees with the progressive agenda.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Democrats have made light of the word terrorist. It’s now defined as anybody that disagrees with the progressive agenda.

Basically.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't Bowman the one who's always trying to bully MTG?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gotcha! It's the new "racist".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis