Author Topic: BREAKING REPORT: GOP Speaker McCarthy Caved, Debt Ceiling Deal Reached Through Handshake  (Read 2150 times)

Offline corbe

Absolutely @catfish1957 THEY (Trumpers) wanted McCarthy on the FIRST vote, warts and all, without the HFC shackles that were imposed, not that they'll do any good.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

This appears to be a story designed to scare normal people.  Not buying it yet.  I have learnt to NEVER believe anything coming from The Hill.

Well, it's The Hill, so . . .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Absolutely @catfish1957 THEY (Trumpers) wanted McCarthy on the FIRST vote, warts and all, without the HFC shackles that were imposed, not that they'll do any good.

McCarthy is a RINO -- don't expect that the GOP or Americans get anything in the deal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online ScottinVA

Did anyone actually try reading the article?  Nothing was said about an agreement being reached. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Did anyone actually try reading the article?  Nothing was said about an agreement being reached.

I read it. My reply reflects that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

It's not official until we see the 'Countdown to Armagedón Debt Clock' on FOX and CNN.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The usual knee jerk reaction wolves in sheeps clothing will demand you blame Republicans for what democrats got away with, expecting people are too stupid to see democrats getting everything their way is democrats getting their way, not RepublicanS.  It's an IQ check to gauge numbers of stupid people. It reveals much of the speaker.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Keep in mind that it had to be a compromise deal, and so it won't make anyone truly happy.  Gauge it by how unhappy the left becomes.

@Kamaji

True. There ain't no such thing as a deal where both  sides get everything they want.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

The unspent Covid money is crucial.  This is what the Democrats are relying on to fund their 2024 campaigns.  If the Republicans can't block any of that now, then they have no chance at winning the Senate in 2024.  Count on every Democrat Senate candidate amassing over $100 million each to fund their races.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

McCarthy 'not at all worried' about motion to vacate amid GOP revolt on debt limit deal

by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter 
May 28, 2023 11:52 AM

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) shrugged off the threat of a motion to vacate being weaponized against him amid backlash to the debt ceiling deal.

Back in January, when McCarthy struggled through a historically unprecedented 15 votes to claim the gavel, he agreed to lower the threshold for a motion to vacate down to a single vote in order to win over holdouts. This means that any member upset with the tentative debt limit deal could move to oust him.

"Not at all worried," McCarthy said when asked about the threat.

A cacophony of conservatives from the hard right flank of the GOP caucus have come out in opposition to the recent debt limit framework deal negotiators struck Saturday night, voicing concerns that Republicans didn't make enough gains. Still, GOP leadership feels that a sizable majority of House Republicans will back it.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/mccarthy-not-worried-about-motion-vacate

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Keep in mind that it had to be a compromise deal, and so it won't make anyone truly happy.  Gauge it by how unhappy the left becomes.

I'm not sure what people expected.  McCarthey would have ended up losing enough RINO votes to pass a worse bill if he didn't compromise.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Again, contingent on this being correct....

I think we need to resurrect that rancious  Speaker election threat from January and out all of those here who were so hell bent on McCarthy getting the job, and all of those same here who called the FC and us traitors for witholding our support for hiim.

This is ALL on you.  You bought it.

What is the alternative?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The Republicans got some of the things they wanted. Biden's stance was he wouldn't compromise. But he did. If anyone caved, it was Biden.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Republicans got some of the things they wanted. Biden's stance was he wouldn't compromise. But he did. If anyone caved, it was Biden.

:yowsa: That's how I see it as well @bigheadfred and some of what McCarthy got is REALLY important.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

I don't see it that way @bigheadfred   These 3 Trump endorsees failed US, once again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not sure what people expected.  McCarthey would have ended up losing enough RINO votes to pass a worse bill if he didn't compromise.

@Maj. Bill Martin

They live in some sort of alternate universe,and expected a "Hallmark Moment" to happen and seize the victory for them,of course.

Some people will NEVER learn that NOBODY EVER wins EVERYTHING they want in politics,and may it ALWAYS be this way because compromise can also keep us from becoming just another police state.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What is the alternative?

@Maj. Bill Martin

@catfish1957

I dunno. Maybe you should ask Catfish1957 what he would like to happen,and then have all of us demand he be pleased.

After all,it IS all about pleasing Catfish1957,right?

Offline libertybele

I don't see it that way @bigheadfred   These 3 Trump endorsees failed US, once again.

....Trump endorsees -- he definitely doesn't pick the best people.  All 3 of them are a disaster.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@bigheadfred

The question is "Does Biden know he caved",and did he get any ice cream for caving?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

The question is "Does Biden know he caved",and did he get any ice cream for caving?

He gets his ice cream no matter what. What he knows is an ever changing landscape.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He gets his ice cream no matter what. What he knows is an ever changing shrinking landscape.

Fixed it....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
For the WOKE amnesiacs and others, R Reagan made a deal on a handshake with democrats.  The Democrats got what they wanted and swiftly moved on it.  When Reagan  tried to get his part of the deal, Democrats laughed at Reagan for being a fool and blocked Reagan totally. For useful fools, Trump is not to blame because democrats whorish amorality getting their way, you supporting such whorishness  getting their (democrats)way is much on YOU, not at all on Trump.  Blame shifting whore mentality is not every ones new morality.
Hes not everyones new god.... :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Maj. Bill Martin

@catfish1957

I dunno. Maybe you should ask Catfish1957 what he would like to happen,and then have all of us demand he be pleased.

After all,it IS all about pleasing Catfish1957,right?

Idiotic post, not even worth responding.  You've got your nose stuck so far up Trump's ass and his agenda , that we can't see your eyes anyway anymore.  FO...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Idiotic post, not even worth responding.  You've got your nose stuck so far up Trump's ass and his agenda , that we can't see your eyes anyway anymore.  FO...

@catfish1957

Hit a nerve,huh?

You DeSantis drones do get points for being obsessed with his competition,though.

What are you going to do if Trump defeats him,stay home or vote Dim? Hell,the way the Dims operate,you  can do both!

Online roamer_1

What are you going to do if Trump defeats him,stay home or vote Dim? Hell,the way the Dims operate,you  can do both!

@sneakypete

Voting for big government from the right is the same thing (or worse) than voting for Democrats.
Tumpy will never get my vote. I won't stay home, and I won't vote Democrat... But there will never be a check by Tumpy's name. Not from me.