Author Topic: Ron DeSantis gives America the chance to move on from its punch-drunk stupor By Post Editorial Boar  (Read 693 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ron DeSantis gives America the chance to move on from its punch-drunk stupor
By Post Editorial Board   
May 25, 2023 9:11pm

Ron DeSantis’ entry into the 2024 race for the White House offers a fighting chance for America to dodge a Donald Trump versus Joe Biden rematch that almost nobody (except Trump and Biden) craves: According to most polls, this punch-drunk nation just wants to move on.

Trump clearly sees the danger in DeSantis, judging by the increasing velocity, ferocity and downright absurdity of his attacks on the Florida gov. Consider the $15 million Trump’s SuperPAC dumped into dumping on DeSantis before he even announced his candidacy.

But he failed to strangle the candidacy in its cradle: DeSantis enters with the war-chest (north of $110 million, well ahead of Trump) and polling numbers to potentially de-throne the frontrunner.

Yes, other talented Republicans might yet rise to the top or even enter the race: It’s a long way to Iowa, let alone the ’24 convention. But at the moment, it looks like an exclusive heavyweight bout between the two.

DeSantis is a proud son of the working/middle class — mom a nurse, dad a TV tech — who played elite baseball as a kid and at Yale, working his way through college while managing to graduate magna cum laude before heading to Harvard Law and then to the Navy, where he served our country as a JAG in Iraq and elsewhere.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/ron-desantis-gives-america-the-chance-to-move-on-from-its-punch-drunk-stupor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm ready for some solid, steady leadership and end the whirling circle of flaming FUBAR.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

I'm ready for some solid, steady leadership and end the whirling circle of flaming FUBAR.

:thumbsup:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Solid, steady, ADULT leadership.  :0001:
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Did Ron actually want to run though? I feel like he was basically dragged into this, halfheartedly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Did Ron actually want to run though? I feel like he was basically dragged into this, halfheartedly.
Considering the great orange ones attacks I would say he had two choices run or back down looking like a chicken...and I don't think DeSantis does chicken. I think as usual Trump made a huge blunder turning a would be ally into an enemy, but hey Trump seems to be big on creating animosity in his supposed party while complimenting those on his supposed opposing party.

Offline GtHawk

Is that supposed to mean anything to anyone but you in this context?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Trump couldn’t emulate George Washington if his life depended on it.

Offline Kamaji

And, by contrast, Donald Trump is now making common cause with liberals.

It will only mean something to those who don't surrender to Marxist tyranny.... So, please, relax.  I didn't post expecting you to understand @GtHawk or @debrawiest   Let not your hearts be troubled.  happy77

Offline roamer_1

It will only mean something to those who don't surrender to Marxist tyranny.... So, please, relax.  I didn't post expecting you to understand @GtHawk or @debrawiest   Let not your hearts be troubled.  happy77

How is supporting big government from the right *not* surrendering to Marxist tyranny?
Asking for a friend...

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
How is supporting big government from the right *not* surrendering to Marxist tyranny?
Asking for a friend...

Hey now.  We cannot be expected to understand superior intellect like that.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GtHawk

Blah Blah Blah, you are becoming more like the teacher in Charlie Brown cartoon where only you and those with a Trump decoder know what you are saying.

Hey now.  We cannot be expected to understand superior intellect like that.  *****rollingeyes*****

Fair enough @debrawiest   :beer:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Or those who have already surrendered to third-world-style caudillismo.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Considering the great orange ones attacks I would say he had two choices run or back down looking like a chicken...and I don't think DeSantis does chicken. I think as usual Trump made a huge blunder turning a would be ally into an enemy, but hey Trump seems to be big on creating animosity in his supposed party while complimenting those on his supposed opposing party.
I, too, see this as an unforced and serious error on Trump's part. What could have landed twelve years of a Republican in the White House, and cleaned up a lot of what is wrong, has turned into some sort of ridiculous expenditure of energy, money, and vitriol against a guy who had formerly not professed great interest in running.

Now all the pundits will have all the excuses they need for braying about the criminally imposed underperformance of whoever the Republicans nominate when the votes are 'counted'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

I, too, see this as an unforced and serious error on Trump's part. What could have landed twelve years of a Republican in the White House, and cleaned up a lot of what is wrong, has turned into some sort of ridiculous expenditure of energy, money, and vitriol against a guy who had formerly not professed great interest in running.

Now all the pundits will have all the excuses they need for braying about the criminally imposed underperformance of whoever the Republicans nominate when the votes are 'counted'.

Yes, Trump made a huge mistake; but as usual his 'ego' got in the way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Or those who have already surrendered to third-world-style caudillismo.

That's exactly who/what Trump is.  I just didn't think we'd ever have so many Americans attracted to that type.

The image of North American strongman Donald Trump just makes me ill.  And the image of Trump's ego-laden messiah complex next to George Washington's humility and grace is just sickening.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 12:21:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think as usual Trump made a huge blunder turning a would be ally into an enemy, but hey Trump seems to be big on creating animosity in his supposed party while complimenting those on his supposed opposing party.

Which is exactly why his second term would be no more consequential than his first, except for likely handing us off to someone much worse than Joe Biden in 2028 as voters are repulsed by a GOP with Trump in charge.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

"Stacking bodies." A complete joke coming from the ultimate fake tough guy.

When push comes to shove on controversial issues that may impact his popularity adversely, he folds like a cheap suit.

He handed the country over to Fauci because he was afraid of the backlash if he didn't.  He won't discuss entitlement reform because he's afraid it will make him unelectable.  He's a coward who during Covid sacrificed the people to his own political popularity.   And Trumpers actually use that as the defense to excuse Trump's own passivity.