Author Topic: CQ Brown’s Confirmation Hearing Will Get Nasty  (Read 107 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CQ Brown’s Confirmation Hearing Will Get Nasty
« on: May 26, 2023, 01:35:10 pm »
CQ Brown’s Confirmation Hearing Will Get Nasty
The right hated the “woke” Gen. Milley. Wait ’til they meet a general who has fought racism for years.
KEVIN BARON | MAY 25, 2023 01:49 PM ET
CONGRESS PENTAGON

If you thought the right-wingers hated Gen. Mark Milley and his support for “wokeism” policies, wait until they get a load of U.S. Air Force Gen. C.Q. Brown, who is now President Joe Biden’s pick to be the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Brown is a full-throated leader of diversity, equity, and inclusion, or DEI, programs in the military. And he’s no shrinking violet. Early in the summer of 2020, as nationwide protests and riots boiled over George Floyd’s murder, Brown posted a video message that was unusually personal for a member of the Joint Chiefs, explaining how he felt and how the military’s path to diversity has been and will continue to be a long one. After all, the general’s experience with racism and diversity is personal, and he is a rare sight: a Black military officer who made it to the very top ranks of a service branch. 

“In 2020, Brown launched investigations into potential biases in the service’s promotion process and made changes to make it more equitable. The following year, he opened the Air Force’s first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion office,” reports Defense One’s Audrey Decker.

Brown, like all of the service chiefs, has been asked and answered about DEI policies extensively. He supports them and denies that they are a cause of recruiting struggles or retention of current troops.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2023/05/cq-browns-confirmation-hearing-will-get-nasty/386786/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CQ Brown’s Confirmation Hearing Will Get Nasty
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 01:37:08 pm »
This guy is absolutely perfect for America haters which means he is perfect for this administration.  Maybe he'll hire Sam Brinton as an advisor on nuclear issues.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson