Author Topic: DeSantis argues attacks by Trump show 'he understands I'm the candidate who can beat him'  (Read 98 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

He has been taking repeated hits from former President Trump and his allies for over six months, but now that he has joined Trump in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis appears to be punching back.

As he called in on Thursday morning to popular talk radio programs in the early voting Republican nominating states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina hours after formally declaring his candidacy for president in a campaign launch video first reported by Fox News, DeSantis was asked about the constant barrage of incoming fire he is taking from Trump.

"I think a lot of what he’s doing is showing everyone that he understands that I’ve got a good chance to beat him, because he doesn’t criticize anybody else now. It’s only me," DeSantis argued in an interview with host Jack Heath on "The Pulse of New Hampshire." "They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t think that I had chance because I think they realize that I am offering folks a record of achievement that’s second to none."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-argues-attacks-trump-show-he-understands-im-candidate-who-can-beat-him
The Republic is lost.