Author Topic: Upgraded Kevlar to Lighten Loads for Troops  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Upgraded Kevlar to Lighten Loads for Troops
« on: May 26, 2023, 01:10:02 pm »
Upgraded Kevlar to Lighten Loads for Troops
5/17/2023
By Laura Heckmann   

DuPont photo

ARLINGTON, Virginia — DuPont, the company behind Kevlar material used in body armor, has announced its next generation of aramid fiber, which it says increases flexibility and reduces weight.

Branded Kevlar EXO, the innovation is a new chemistry and manufacturing process, said Steven LaGanke, global business leader for DuPont Life Protection. The product’s main goal: lessen the burden on the soldier without sacrificing protection.

“If the wearer is more comfortable, they can focus on their mission versus being focused on how uncomfortable they are,” LaGanke said.

Working with its partners, DuPont is using the new material to design and manufacture protective armor that conforms to all body sizes and shapes. DuPont plans to share more details on their partnerships in the coming weeks, he said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/5/17/upgraded-kevlar-to-lighten-loads-for-troops
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Upgraded Kevlar to Lighten Loads for Troops
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 01:10:56 pm »
Why are Kevlar vests needed to study CRT, pronouns, and gay rights?  :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson