Author Topic: Latest Poll Shows Strong Disapproval for Biden’s Border Policies  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Latest Poll Shows Strong Disapproval for Biden’s Border Policies
And concern, but also a lack of awareness, about our ability to handle the current massive wave of illegal migrants

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 23, 2023

On May 21, CBS News released the results of its most recent poll on the president’s performance, particularly as it relates to the ongoing disaster at the Southwest border, and on other border issues. It reveals a lack of support for Biden’s border policies, though nobody — the White House, congressional Republicans, or border-state governors — really comes out a winner. That said, it also evidences a lack of knowledge about how our current levels of massive illegal immigration will affect cities and towns across the United States.

The poll was conducted for CBS News by opinion outfit YouGov and involved 2,188 U.S. adults sampled between May 17 and 19 — that is, in the week after Title 42 expired. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

President Biden’s Approval Rating. The president received low marks for his overall performance, with just 41 percent of respondents approving of the job that he is doing compared to 59 percent who disapproved.

That may be why just 28 percent of those polled believe things are going well in the country (and a mere 5 percent stated they were going “very well”) compared to a dismal 72 percent who said they were going badly (a depressing 34 percent opined that things are going “very badly”).

https://cis.org/Arthur/Latest-Poll-Shows-Strong-Disapproval-Bidens-Border-Policies
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson