Author Topic: DeSantis hits back at Trump attacks, says ex-president ‘moving to the left’  (Read 255 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis hits back at Trump attacks, says ex-president ‘moving to the left’

By Lee Brown
May 26, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has hit back at former President Trump’s repeated attacks, claiming the bombastic broadsides prove he is threatened — as he accused his 2024 rival of “moving to the left.”

DeSantis, 44, officially declared his presidential bid Wednesday, setting up a fiery clash with the 76-year-old Trump for GOP domination.

Trump, who has established himself as the front-runner for the Republican nomination, has spent the months since he launched his own campaign in November taking swipes at his one-time ally.

“I think a lot of what he’s doing is showing everybody that he understands that I’ve got a good chance to beat him,” DeSantis told “Good Morning NH” Thursday when asked why Trump was “really fixated on attacking” him.

“Because he doesn’t criticize anybody else now, it’s only me. They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t think that I had a chance, because I think they realize I am offering folks a record of achievement that’s second to none,” he continued.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/26/desantis-trump-attacks-prove-he-knows-im-more-likely-to-win/

Offline LMAO

He’s just seeing this now?

I saw this several months ago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

He’s just seeing this now?

I saw this several months ago

I think he's being careful about what he says, and when he says it.  If he comes out with something like this first, then it will be dismissed as just a churlish attack on Trump; however, if he makes a point of it after Trump himself has made it clear that is what he's doing, then it cannot be dismissed out of hand.

Online mountaineer

Trump and/or his supporters claim DeSantis is in the pocket of Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, and various other establishment GOP RINO kingpins.
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Just had a great chat with @RonDeSantis where he told me, laughing, “I haven’t spoken to Paul Ryan since I was elected governor, and I’ve met Karl Rove once.”
Ryan/Rove collaboration is a completely false narrative fabricated by Team Trump out of desperation.
May 25, 2023
-------------------
Calvin Freiburger
@CalFreiburger
Rove and Ryan hatched a brilliantly insidious plan to thwart conservatives by having somebody deliver everything conservatives want and demonstrate how popular it can be. Or something.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 12:58:43 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ron DeSantis also says he didn't close his state or follow Fauci @mountaineer

To be fair, Cardillo's a paid DeSantis shill, so it could be he who is lying.  The choice is yours.

Online mountaineer

I doubt DeSantis pays Cardillo (do you have proof?), but that's not the point.  DeSantis denies the allegations he's handled by Paul Ryan and Karl Rove. It's easy to throw around allegations, but without proof they're just, you know, lies.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online cato potatoe

A party led by Trump is incompatible with conservatism.  If the GOP want to compete with Bernie Sanders for populists, then it’s time for conservatives to part ways.  The country has serious problems that populism cannot solve.

Offline LMAO

A party led by Trump is incompatible with conservatism.  If the GOP want to compete with Bernie Sanders for populists, then it’s time for conservatives to part ways.  The country has serious problems that populism cannot solve.

:yowsa:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy