Author Topic: Texas House committee recommends impeaching AG Ken Paxton [Impeached]  (Read 3760 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When your OWN party votes OVERWHELMINGLY to impeach you, then you have a problem.  Paxton is NOT a good guy.  Even the people that work for him say this.

I suspect that I know far more about what's going on here than you do @Jack Russell
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

I suspect that I know far more about what's going on here than you do @Jack Russell
@Bigun You have no clue what you are talking about.  I have more inside info on Paxton than you'll ever know.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun You have no clue what you are talking about.  I have more inside info on Paxton than you'll ever know.

Regardless of what you (think) you know or don't know, what took place in the Texas House today was a a travesty that will remain a stain in the history of that body forever.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:30:25 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Let's assume you do and that Paxton is the antichrist himself.  That still does not change the fact that it is not OK to indict someone based solely on hearsay.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

So is Ted Cruz also clueless on what's going on?

Online roamer_1

I wouldn't write @Bigun off so quick when it comes to Texas politics. He seems to know a lot of them folks on a first name basis. Jussayin.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Do tell. @Bigun is a known quantity, you are not.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Let's assume you do and that Paxton is the antichrist himself.  That still does not change the fact that it is not OK to indict someone based solely on hearsay.

:bingo: What happened in the Texas House yesterday wasn't even about Ken Paxton at base. It was entirely about how weighty things should, or should not, be done in that body and the members failed miserably! Their standards were no standards at all!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s mistress at heart of allegations in impeachment papers

By David Montesino Updated May 27, 2023 6:08 PM

https://amp.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article275827966.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
  Paxton is NOT a good guy.  Even the people that work for him say this.

Maybe so, but to impeach without some form of evidentiary hearing or trial? 

How about the proof first, and then let us decide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s mistress at heart of allegations in impeachment papers

By David Montesino Updated May 27, 2023 6:08 PM

https://amp.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article275827966.html

Hopefully, everyone who reads/listens to this will understand that ALL of this is old news which has been in the papers before so to speak. NONE of it is new and the voters of Texas overwhelmingly re-elected Paxton in 2022 thus passing their judgment on all of it.

What is REALLY going on here is that certain elements in this state don't like the fact that Ken Paxton is holding their feet to the fire and are desparate to be rid of him no matter what it takes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

What is REALLY going on here is that certain elements in this state don't like the fact that Ken Paxton is holding their feet to the fire and are desperate to be rid of him no matter what it takes.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hopefully, everyone who reads/listens to this will understand that ALL of this is old news which has been in the papers before so to speak. NONE of it is new and the voters of Texas overwhelmingly re-elected Paxton in 2022 thus passing their judgment on all of it.

What is REALLY going on here is that certain elements in this state don't like the fact that Ken Paxton is holding their feet to the fire and are desparate to be rid of him no matter what it takes.

I wonder who Abbott is going to replace him with?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Do tell. @Bigun is a known quantity, you are not.
Yup....you are correct.  See how all of this plays out, then get back to me. happy77
@Free Vulcan

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yup....you are correct.  See how all of this plays out, then get back to me. happy77
@Free Vulcan

That works for the Management.  We will see.  We are not blind Partisans.

Meanwhile, @Bigun is a good friend of mine....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

So what is a quick summary of what he's supposedly done?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

I wonder who Abbott is going to replace him with?

I don't believe he will have to.  I doubt the Texas Senate would hold a trial and vote to remove without a single witness giving testimony.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't believe he will have to.  I doubt the Texas Senate would hold a trial and vote to remove without a single witness giving testimony.

According to what I've read about TX law, he has to step down now, until the Senate trial is over.  Don't know if that means a replacement is required.
I will NOT comply.