Author Topic: Texas House committee recommends impeaching AG Ken Paxton [Impeached]  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ignoring the law is a serious thing and the repercussions od doings so should have serious consequences!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
SUBCHAPTER D. OTHER REMOVAL PROVISIONS

Sec. 665.081.  NO REMOVAL FOR ACTS COMMITTED BEFORE ELECTION TO OFFICE.  (a)  An officer in this state may not be removed from office for an act the officer may have committed before the officer's election to office.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.665.htm

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Texas House of Representatives live stream of the impeachment of Texas AG Ken Paxton

https://twitter.com/KamVTV/status/1662522713263554567
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I sincerely HOPE people are listening to Representative Smithee's opening statement linked above!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I have seen a lot over the course of my life but nothing sadder, or more embarrassing, than what I just witnessed in the state of Texas today!

BEYOND embarrassing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A vote without an evidentiary trial?

WTH?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
A vote without an evidentiary trial?

WTH?

Not even one single fact witness! Pure hearsay beginning to end!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I still haven't got this figured out.

What are "the charges" against him?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I still haven't got this figured out.

What are "the charges" against him?

A bunch of hearsay BS cooked up by lawyers out of Harris County at the direction of Biden's DOJ.

There was not even one fact witness presented under oath! Not one!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A bunch of hearsay BS cooked up by lawyers out of Harris County at the direction of Biden's DOJ.

There was not even one fact witness presented under oath! Not one!

Greg Price
@greg_price11

BREAKING: The “Republican” supermajority in the Texas House of Reps has voted to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton on a 121-23 vote.

He will now be suspended from office pending a trial in the state senate.

Here’s how every Rep voted 👇

6:10 PM · May 27, 2023

« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 10:49:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Attorney General Ken Paxton
@KenPaxtonTX

I am beyond grateful to have the support of millions of Texans who recognize that what we just witnessed is illegal, unethical, and profoundly unjust. I look forward to a quick resolution in the Texas Senate, where I have full confidence the process will be fair and just.

5:55 PM · May 27, 2023

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

The fact there are Republicans leading the charge in trying to take out Ken Paxton tells everything you need to know about the GOPe

6:50 PM · May 27, 2023

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 27, 2023 5:54pm EDT
Texas House votes to impeach Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton
Former President Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas had backed Paxton

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

The Texas House of Representatives voted Saturday to impeach Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton over charges of bribery, disregard of official duties and abuse of public trust after hours of debate in an afternoon session -- sending the case to the state Senate.

The House voted 121-23 to impeach him, meaning he will step down temporarily as he faces trial in the upper chamber. A simple majority was required to impeach him.

The House’s Committee on General Investigating had initiated an inquiry in March after Paxton and his office asked the legislature for $3.3 million to settle a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by whistleblowers in the office. The former employees had called in 2020 for an investigation into Paxton’s actions regarding an Austin real estate investor who had his home searched by the FBI. They accused Paxton of using his office to protect him by authorizing an investigation into the FBI.

The articles of impeachment allege that the settlement delayed the discovery of facts and testimony to Paxton's advantage.

"Over the course of several months, the Committee and staff set out to determine if payment of the settlement was warranted because of the lack of discovery in the litigation and because Paxton and his office were not forthcoming about his conduct regarding the whistleblower’s good faith reports of his violations of his constitutional and statutory duties," a committee memo this week said.

The Republican-led investigation has presented findings that Paxton recommended the developer, Nate Paul, employ a woman with whom Paxton was allegedly having an affair, and that Paul aided Paxton with a renovation of his home in exchange for favorable legal help from Paxton’s office. Paxton is also accused of obstruction of justice and false statements in official records.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-house-votes-impeach-republican-attorney-general-ken-paxton
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

“Ken Paxton has been impeached”

6:26 PM · May 27, 2023

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Donald Trump, Ted Cruz denounce effort to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
The Texas Tribune, May 27, 2023

Former President Donald Trump made a late play Saturday to stop the Texas House’s push to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton, blasting it as “ELECTION INTERFERENCE.”

With less than half an hour until the House was set to consider Paxton’s impeachment, Trump took to his social media platform, Truth Social, to blast the effort.

“The RINO Speaker of the House of Texas, Dade Phelan, who is barely a Republican at all and failed the test on voter integrity, wants to impeach one of the most hard working and effective Attorney Generals in the United States, Ken Paxton, who just won re-election with a large number of American Patriots strongly voting for him,” Trump said.

[...]

Trump is by far the highest-profile Republican to come to Paxton’s defense. On Saturday morning, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, added his voice to the opposition, calling the impeachment effort a “travesty.” Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., came out against the impeachment effort Friday.

Cruz expressed his support for the attorney general in a series of tweets Saturday. He said the courts should sort out Paxton’s alleged wrongdoing instead.

“For the last nine years, Ken has been the strongest conservative AG in the country. Bar none,” Cruz wrote. “No attorney general has battled the abuses of the Biden admin more ferociously—and more effectively—than has Paxton.”

More:
https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/27/donald-trump-ken-paxton-impeachment/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Texas RINOs and Democrats Vote to Impeach Highly Popular Attorney General Ken Paxton on Holiday Weekend – Here is the Vote Sheet
by Cristina Laila May. 27, 2023 4:56 pm

The Republican-led Texas House on Saturday impeached highly popular Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Ken Paxton was impeached by the Republican-led House (85 Rs to 64 Ds) and will be suspended effective immediately.

The vote tally: 121 ayes – 23 nays – 2 ‘present not voting’

For final removal, it would require a 2/3 vote in the senate.

A Texas House Committee full of RINOs on Thursday voted to recommend impeaching Ken Paxton after an investigation into his ‘corruption.’

The 20 articles include “bribery, unfitness for office and abuse of public trust” – according to the Associated Press.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/05/breaking-texas-house-impeaches-attorney-general-ken-paxton/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

I have seen a lot over the course of my life but nothing sadder, or more embarrassing, than what I just witnessed in the state of Texas today!

BEYOND embarrassing!

Take a closer look at Paxton, he's not a good guy.

Offline Idiot

When your OWN party votes OVERWHELMINGLY to impeach you, then you have a problem.  Paxton is NOT a good guy.  Even the people that work for him say this.