Author Topic: Trump says ‘even Cuomo’ did better than DeSantis on COVID-19  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump says ‘even Cuomo’ did better than DeSantis on COVID-19
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2023, 08:41:00 pm »
What I keep shaking my head about is that I have made no decision about 2024, waiting to see all the GOP candidates, to hear from them, compare them, and give each of them a chance to persuade me, before I make my choice. The things Trump's been saying lately make me not want to give him that same opportunity to earn my vote.

Same here.  My mind is not made up, but the antics of Trump and his supporters are convincing me to look around at other candidates. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2023, 08:41:11 pm »
Fauci was the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases from 1984, when Reagan promoted him, to 2022.  His pedigree and resume were flawless.  Mike Pence, the Chair of the COVID Committee, insisted on working with Fauci (again) and publicly defended him against the President's rising concerns.  The President brought in his own team to counter Fauci.  But, you know this @mountaineer

The passive-aggressive question you can't seem to bring yourself to ask is:  "DeSantis followed Fauci's orders even in 2022.  Why?"
Wow, speaking of passive-aggressive. I'm not the topic here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 08:43:20 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2023, 08:43:24 pm »
Fauci was the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases from 1984, when Reagan promoted him, to 2022.  His pedigree and resume were flawless.  Mike Pence, the Chair of the COVID Committee, insisted on working with Fauci (again) and publicly defended him against the President's rising concerns.  The President brought in his own team to counter Fauci.  But, you know this @mountaineer

The passive-aggressive question you can't seem to bring yourself to ask is:  "DeSantis followed Fauci's orders even in 2022.  Why?"

Every Covid policy during Trump’s term was set by a state governor—— including the seven Republican governors who kept their states open and ignored Fauci; and including Gov. DeSantis who followed Fauci as one follows Holy Scripture.

Ronny locked down his state, closed his schools, businesses and beaches, implemented mandatory quarantines for travelers from states with high infection rates -— using the police to enforce this order. Ronny followed every Fauci edict on masks, social distancing, testing, vaccines (assuring Floridians if they were vaccinated they would not get Covid) into 2022.

When Ronny reopened his state, he proudly did so in total compliance with Fauci’s rules, going so far as telling the police to close businesses and suspend licenses of those not cooperating.

And it’s all on tape.

goopo
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2023, 01:04:22 am »
What did their defense amount to?

@Kamaji
Here's a sampling.  Take your pick.  If you're looking for a truthful rational argument, then get used to disappointment:

- If you criticize Trump, then you're not a patriot.

- DeSantis imposed lockdown orders that rivaled the worst shutdown nazis in the U.S.

- Florida deaths occurred long after NY deaths, so DeSantis should have learned from Cuomo and done better.

- Trump fraternized with Democrats for business reasons only, while DeSantis has been a government employee for his whole career.

- DeSantis voted for a Florida bill which gave authorities the right to forcibly detain, test, and vaccinate any individual that was deemed a risk to the public.

- Saint Desantis does NOTHING without a hearing from his donors!!! He is a made man ... waiting for the green light from his law buddies they are going to jail President Trump.

- There isn't a single lockdown order anywhere that has Donald Trump's name on it.  Trump did exactly what I expected him to do under the limited authority he had.

- Why is it that Trump should NOT be deferring to the leaders in the field who will be addressing the emergency spread of viruses? Was Trump to spend months hunting those experts who he thought could be better than the head of the CDC? How stupid of you.

- Desantis locked dowen FLA just like most goveenors and he had no “special sauce”.

- You are a POS.

- BTW your favorite BackStabbing Ron is a POS too.

- Trump knows better than anyone else that DeSantis has been getting groomed, managed and manicured to run in 2024 by the same big-government globalists who have been peddling @ssholes like the Bushes, Cheneys, Ryan, McCain, etc. as "conservatives" for years.

- what’s Ron done other than take steps toward line his pockets with tax payer money or donations from people who hate the USA? he’s a govt employee past and present always on the tax payer dime.

-  I have done a search on Trump's Truth Social page... Donald J. Trump, @realDonaldTrump.... and I do NOT find this particular post.  .  .  never happened

- Call your mother, maybe she'll/he'll care.

-  DuhSaintes id not a conservative he is a Bush/Chaney Republocrat

- I'll bet you think the people financing deanctomonious are true conservatives. I mean carl rove, paul ryan and macconnell are so conservative and all, right?

- desanctomonious is a rino that will not do anything he says he will. Just like bush and all the other people that support him.

- DeSantics attacked President Trump on COVID, President Trump counterpunched. Only a fool can’t see that’s what is going on

- I guess DeSantis has such a poor record he can’t even talk about it - has to just make things up.

- <May we see your data?>  -  Sure, see bush or paul ryan or carl rove or mitt romney or mcconnell .... You know, the people behind the desanctomoniuos campaign.

- desanctomonious closed the beaches and many business, and made it mandatory, that accomplished nothing but to ruin peoples lives. He has signed legislation that criminalizes hate/free speech. He signed legislation that makes it voluntary for companies to comply with laws against hiring illegal aliens. By his silence, he supports the 2020 steal and the persecution of Trump and anyone that supports Trump. I could go on and on, but that’s enough time wasted on you.

- All you have to do is compare death counts and that’s what he did. Florida is 3rd highest, NY is 4th highest. Honestly, the pandemic was a scam and the whole country was tricked. That being said, Trump was on camera daily pushing therapeutics, telling people that masks were not required, and gathering. All of the things he did and said were called irresponsible because he wasn’t “following the science” it was months before Trump was seen with a mask and that was one time when he went to the Veteran hospital. When he got COVID he made a whole show about taking off the masks. Everyone coming out now as anti this and anti that should have been on TV every day saying that Trump was right (they were not). Trump ultimately gave in more than I would have liked but it’s in part because he wasn’t getting any support and was not able to convince other “leaders” to talk like h on the issue. Trump, during his rallies would suggest he was going to fire fauci “after “ the election. I think everyone pretending, like Desanctimonius, that they would have fired the expert (most senior) virologist on staff the day he came to the office and said there is a pandemic and it’s going to be worst that the Spanish flu, it a liar. Desanctimonius has a fitting name. He’s a liar

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2023, 01:17:10 am »
   Trump was scared $hitless with the outbreak of Covid and looked at that little weasel faucci, who was willing to step up and thought, great, someone to take the blame if this all goes sideways which it did.  Instead of firing him he places a Presidential Medal around his neck on the way out and still takes credit for his SIL Kushner's Operation Warpspeed. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2023, 01:31:45 am »
Fauci was the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases from 1984, when Reagan promoted him, to 2022.

So your excuse for Trump not being able to drain the Swamp of Fauci is because he had been there for over 30 years?

His pedigree and resume were flawless.

Uh, no.  Fauci broke the law, and everyone knew it.  Including Trump.  He conducted gain-of-function research in violation of US law, and then lied under oath to Congress about it.  Flawless?  I think not.

Mike Pence, the Chair of the COVID Committee, insisted on working with Fauci (again) and publicly defended him against the President's rising concerns.

So Trump is taking orders from Pence now?

The President brought in his own team to counter Fauci.

To counter Fauci?  How did that work, exactly?

The obvious reason no one is asking that question is because it is a complete lie.

.  .  Gov. DeSantis who followed Fauci as one follows Holy Scripture.

Also a complete lie.

Ronny locked down his state, closed his schools, businesses and beaches, implemented mandatory quarantines for travelers from states with high infection rates -— using the police to enforce this order.

DeSantis did not lock down his State.  He didn't close schools, businesses, or beaches.  The traveler quarantine was specifically for travelers from New York in response to their own State Covid policy.  It was a brilliant move.  Unless you happen to be a Democrat who chooses to criticize it.

Ronny followed every Fauci edict on masks, social distancing, testing, vaccines (assuring Floridians if they were vaccinated they would not get Covid) into 2022.

Lies and bullshit.  Bullshit and lies.

When Ronny reopened his state, he proudly did so in total compliance with Fauci’s rules, going so far as telling the police to close businesses and suspend licenses of those not cooperating.

More lies.  More bullshit.

And it’s all on tape.

Yep.  It's on tape all right.  Here ya go!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2023, 12:31:26 pm »
@Kamaji
Here's a sampling.  Take your pick.  If you're looking for a truthful rational argument, then get used to disappointment:

- If you criticize Trump, then you're not a patriot.

- DeSantis imposed lockdown orders that rivaled the worst shutdown nazis in the U.S.

- Florida deaths occurred long after NY deaths, so DeSantis should have learned from Cuomo and done better.

- Trump fraternized with Democrats for business reasons only, while DeSantis has been a government employee for his whole career.

- DeSantis voted for a Florida bill which gave authorities the right to forcibly detain, test, and vaccinate any individual that was deemed a risk to the public.

- Saint Desantis does NOTHING without a hearing from his donors!!! He is a made man ... waiting for the green light from his law buddies they are going to jail President Trump.

- There isn't a single lockdown order anywhere that has Donald Trump's name on it.  Trump did exactly what I expected him to do under the limited authority he had.

- Why is it that Trump should NOT be deferring to the leaders in the field who will be addressing the emergency spread of viruses? Was Trump to spend months hunting those experts who he thought could be better than the head of the CDC? How stupid of you.

- Desantis locked dowen FLA just like most goveenors and he had no “special sauce”.

- You are a POS.

- BTW your favorite BackStabbing Ron is a POS too.

- Trump knows better than anyone else that DeSantis has been getting groomed, managed and manicured to run in 2024 by the same big-government globalists who have been peddling @ssholes like the Bushes, Cheneys, Ryan, McCain, etc. as "conservatives" for years.

- what’s Ron done other than take steps toward line his pockets with tax payer money or donations from people who hate the USA? he’s a govt employee past and present always on the tax payer dime.

-  I have done a search on Trump's Truth Social page... Donald J. Trump, @realDonaldTrump.... and I do NOT find this particular post.  .  .  never happened

- Call your mother, maybe she'll/he'll care.

-  DuhSaintes id not a conservative he is a Bush/Chaney Republocrat

- I'll bet you think the people financing deanctomonious are true conservatives. I mean carl rove, paul ryan and macconnell are so conservative and all, right?

- desanctomonious is a rino that will not do anything he says he will. Just like bush and all the other people that support him.

- DeSantics attacked President Trump on COVID, President Trump counterpunched. Only a fool can’t see that’s what is going on

- I guess DeSantis has such a poor record he can’t even talk about it - has to just make things up.

- <May we see your data?>  -  Sure, see bush or paul ryan or carl rove or mitt romney or mcconnell .... You know, the people behind the desanctomoniuos campaign.

- desanctomonious closed the beaches and many business, and made it mandatory, that accomplished nothing but to ruin peoples lives. He has signed legislation that criminalizes hate/free speech. He signed legislation that makes it voluntary for companies to comply with laws against hiring illegal aliens. By his silence, he supports the 2020 steal and the persecution of Trump and anyone that supports Trump. I could go on and on, but that’s enough time wasted on you.

- All you have to do is compare death counts and that’s what he did. Florida is 3rd highest, NY is 4th highest. Honestly, the pandemic was a scam and the whole country was tricked. That being said, Trump was on camera daily pushing therapeutics, telling people that masks were not required, and gathering. All of the things he did and said were called irresponsible because he wasn’t “following the science” it was months before Trump was seen with a mask and that was one time when he went to the Veteran hospital. When he got COVID he made a whole show about taking off the masks. Everyone coming out now as anti this and anti that should have been on TV every day saying that Trump was right (they were not). Trump ultimately gave in more than I would have liked but it’s in part because he wasn’t getting any support and was not able to convince other “leaders” to talk like h on the issue. Trump, during his rallies would suggest he was going to fire fauci “after “ the election. I think everyone pretending, like Desanctimonius, that they would have fired the expert (most senior) virologist on staff the day he came to the office and said there is a pandemic and it’s going to be worst that the Spanish flu, it a liar. Desanctimonius has a fitting name. He’s a liar

Thanks.  Not disappointed in the least, since this is what I expected.  I would have been surprised if there had been a rational argument.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2023, 12:41:55 pm »
Kurt Schlichter
@KurtSchlichter
Just stop.  It’s OK to like Trump. It’s not OK to say stupid things that are facially false and dumb.
11:43 PM · May 26, 2023
My sentiments exactly. If Trump's your guy, fine. Just don't lie about the other candidates or call them silly childish names.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2023, 12:52:05 pm »

A lot of words, none of which answered the actual question of why Trump didn't remove him.  Trump - not Pence - was President, and nobody could have stopped Trump from removing Fauci from being the Administration's spokesman in COVID.

So why didn't Trump remove Fauci?

"DeSantis followed Fauci's orders even in 2022.  Why?"

He only followed Fauci's recommendations for a couple of months, and the reason he did that was because that's the guy Trump put in charge of COVID policy and recommendations. But after that first couple of months, when DeSantis could see for himself that the data on the ground was not matching the claims made by Trump's Covid czar, he decided to ignore the Trump Administration's recommendations.

Why did Trump persist in deferring to Fauci long after so many governors had rejected the federal approach, and why did he end up giving a medal to him??
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 12:54:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2023, 03:38:56 pm »
My sentiments exactly. If Trump's your guy, fine. Just don't lie about the other candidates or call them silly childish names.

Good luck with that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-