General Category > SCOTUS News

Supreme Court deals major blow to key Biden environmental policy with unanimous ruling

<< < (2/2)

rangerrebew:
Schumer Slams ‘MAGA’ Supreme Court For 9-0 Unanimous Decision
by Staff Reports

In response to the Supreme Court's ruling that limited the EPA's power to regulate bodies of waters, Senate Majority Leader Schumer blamed the Trump administration. The court ruled that the agency's definition of "waters of the United States" had changed.

The EPA has to consider bodies of water that have a continuous surface connection to major bodies of water when it comes to regulating them under the Clean Water Act. This means that smaller bodies of water will not be able to be included in the agency's regulations.

The decision was a setback for President Biden's administration, as it aimed to develop regulations for various types of waterways, such as lakes, ponds, and wetlands. The administration had a strong understanding of the EPA's responsibilities under the Clean Water Act.

https://conservativeadvocacy.com/schumer-slams-maga-supreme-court-for-9-0-unanimous-decision/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=schumer-slams-maga-supreme-court-for-9-0-unanimous-decision

Wingnut:
So Smucky,  You gonna call them out again?

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,”

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on June 02, 2023, 06:32:58 pm ---So Smucky,  You gonna call them out again?

“I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,”

--- End quote ---

He's gonna have to add Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson to that litany, since the case in question was a 9-0 decision.

libertybele:
It's not truly over yet ... While the decision was unanimous on the merits, the court split 5-4 on determining how the federal government should go about defining water sources.

"Defining water sources" ... this still leaves things wide open for further ruling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version