Author Topic: Navy Warships Will Destroy Enemy ICBMs  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Warships Will Destroy Enemy ICBMs
« on: May 25, 2023, 04:55:06 pm »
Navy Warships Will Destroy Enemy ICBMs

The newest SM-3 variant, Block IIA can take out an ICBM just as the missile finishes its mid-course phase and descends into a terminal phase within the atmosphere.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONMAY 22, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington DC) The U.S. Navy’s ship-launched Standard Missile-3 has a distinguished and significant history firing from vertical launch systems on destroyers and cruisers.

But a specific kind of progress in recent years places the weapon in an entirely new paradigm.

SM-3: The ICBM Stopper
The newest SM-3 variant, Block IIA, has shown it can actually play a role in taking down enemy intercontinental ballistic missiles.

It can do so by being thrust just beyond the boundary of the Earth’s atmosphere, where it can take out an ICBM just as the missile finishes its mid-course phase and descends into a terminal phase within the atmosphere.

This is incredibly significant and a historic breakthrough that was first confirmed during a test in 2020.

https://warriormaven.com/global-security/navy-warships-will-destroy-enemy-icbms
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Navy Warships Will Destroy Enemy ICBMs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 09:13:20 pm »
I feel all warm and fuzzy.
Fine for China and the North Koreans, even Iran if they're in the neighborhood.
But the Russian ones will be coming over the pole, or off a sub.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis