Author Topic: On day one we'll be spitting nails': DeSantis rages against deep state and pledges to dismantle it i  (Read 1008 times)

Online libertybele

Dismantling the deep state is a rather enormous if not impossible task.  Obviously it needs to be done.  Hopefully when DeSantis is seated in the oval office, he'll pick Ted Cruz as his AG.  I think Ted is about the only person who may be able to make some headway on this issue.

On day one we'll be spitting nails': DeSantis rages against deep state and pledges to dismantle it in Glenn Beck interview

Tech issues dogged Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' presidential announcement Wednesday, prompting his biggest Republican primary opponent and critics on the left to suggest the troubled medium was the message.

Unfazed, the Republican governor spoke to nationally syndicated radio host and co-founder of Blaze Media Glenn Beck Thursday morning, elaborating on his vision for America — a vision leftists would likely prefer to see disrupted by more than glitches.

DeSantis told Beck that there was little to be done in Tallahassee about the Twitter-side technical difficulties resultant of a surge in interest, but that there is much to be done in Washington, and as president, he wouldn't waste a moment.

"On day one we'll be spitting nails," said DeSantis, underscoring that his aim as president would be not repair but reformation.

This reformation, which DeSantis termed a re-constitutionalization of the U.S. government, entails reclaiming power from the ill-equipped and the unelected.

With the understanding that bureaucrats in Washington "do not want to give up this power willingly," DeSantis said it is important to get the personnel right.

"You can't just recycle everybody from D.C.," said DeSantis. "It's not going to change if that's the case."

Rather than sourcing talent from the majoritively Democratic capital, the Florida Republican indicated that he will bring in patriots from around the country who can unsettle the status quo.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/desantis-rages-against-deep-state-and-pledges-to-dismantle-it-in-glenn-beck-interview
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:06:10 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I took the time to sit down and listen to the entire Beck interview of DeSantis and very much liked what DeSantis had to say.

The question is, "Is it real or is it Memorex"?

I'm going to sit down at the appropriate time and do an analysis - PERT diagrams and all - and try to figure all this out.  Stay tuned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Does anyone have this Beck v DeSantis interview linked? And is there a recorded version without the glitches?

ETA: NM the above... I got it. I had my script blocker on with the article....

I ain't very wiling to get into all this so early, but I would like to hear what he has to say.

He's right about that point though - Power needs to be reclaimed, and you ain't gonna do it with a staff full of recycled state apparatchiks, many loyal to the other side.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:37:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Impressive.

And unlike Trump, RDS will pull the trigger.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Does anyone have this Beck v DeSantis interview linked? And is there a recorded version without the glitches?

I ain't very wiling to get into all this so early, but I would like to hear what he has to say.

He's right about that point though - Power needs to be reclaimed, and you ain't gonna do it with a staff full of recycled state apparatchiks, many loyal to the other side.

Oh, hell yes! THAT is 100% certainty. The question is going to be who the senate will ALLOW to be confirmed for those jobs.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

DeSanatis is doing what Trump didn't do and obviously, at this point, was unable to do. Building a core team of people that are competent at what they do and are not from the DC swamp while working as a team to get things done.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:47:31 pm by DB »

Offline Hoodat

Impressive.

Also unlike Trump, RDS is actually campaigning on it.  We had to wait until only three weeks before the 2016 election to hear Trump make his first mention of the Swamp.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

DeSanatis is doing what Trump didn't do and obviously, at this point, was unable to do. Building a core team of people that are competent at what they do and are not from the DC swamp while working as a team to get things done.

B-I-N-G-O
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Oh, hell yes! THAT is 100% certainty. The question is going to be who the senate will ALLOW to be confirmed for those jobs.

DeSantis can appoint anyone "Acting Secretary" of something.  If the Senate doesn't confirm, then he picks a new person the following year which is even better.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Good point.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
DeSantis can appoint anyone "Acting Secretary" of something.  If the Senate doesn't confirm, then he picks a new person the following year which is even better.

888high58888 :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Good point.

Thanks! The point being that the deep state did not create itself. The MFs in the house and senate played their parts to the hilt.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

How is appointing a new sec every year better, especially if his plan covers two terms (his words)?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Also unlike Trump, RDS is actually campaigning on it.  We had to wait until only three weeks before the 2016 election to hear Trump make his first mention of the Swamp.

As I listen to RDS speak more and more his personality is coming through as the real deal.  The issue of going up against the deep state is really a great campaign issue.  Trump kept saying that he would drain the swamp and as we all know he never followed through with it. Also, RDS mentions not recirculating the same people; another great campaign issue.

Granted RDS has a full majority in the State House & Senate, but he gets things done. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
How is appointing a new sec every year better, especially if his plan covers two terms (his words)?

It isn't @bigheadfred . Far better would be getting a man of action - let's say Ted Cruz for instance - nominated and approved by the senate but failing that, DeSantis does still have options. Cleaning out a ton of dead wood - both sides of the aisle - is desperately needed.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The point is to bring in fresh people.  Just hit some inner city hood and start by hiring whoever runs the first check-cashing place you come across.  Give him a 1-year contract to cut waste.  Then once the contract is over, bring in the next one.  Don't allow enough time to become part of the problem.  And then blame the Senate for it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

It's a tough row to hoe regardless, But DeSantis seems to be a team builder (not as ego-driven), and he's got some to work with... There's enough still there that came in on the TEA Party wave to form a solid core and provide direction...

It may be a chance in hell, but that's still a chance, and I am gonna be all-in for that.

Online roamer_1

That's right... I just said much the same to @Bigun just above this post.

It ain't about DeSantis... But rather, what he represents. What he can do that Tumpy never could, is harness the conservative factions together... Foremost, that.

He's served, and a military background goes a long way with the DEFCONs.
He's TEA, and his record says so... So he's in with FICONs and Libertarians...
And he is standing in a maelstrom against woke crap, which shows his SOCON credz...

I think he is strong... Where he may lack is in foreign policy. But his tour as governor has included that to some degree... And Governor - Let's not forget that...

He's got all the meters pokin in the Right direction...

Online roamer_1

Impressive.

Yep... I think that's right. He don't talk much, but he carries a big stick. And he WILL swing it when he has to - That is already known to be true. And that's what I think I like the most...  :beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It ain't about DeSantis... But rather, what he represents. What he can do that Tumpy never could, is harness the conservative factions together... Foremost, that.

And he is standing in a maelstrom against woke crap, which shows his SOCON credz...

I think he is strong... Where he may lack is in foreign policy. But his tour as governor has included that to some degree... And Governor - Let's not forget that...

All but one! The one he's got to get past to get elected. (The ISB bastards will stop at nothing)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

And he WILL do it. He's slaying giants right now.

Online libertybele

He served but -- non-combat -- In 2004, during his second year at Harvard Law, DeSantis was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy and assigned to the Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG). He completed Naval Justice School in 2005. Later that year, he reported to the JAG Trial Service Office Command South East at Naval Station Mayport, Florida, as a prosecutor. He was promoted from lieutenant, junior grade to lieutenant in 2006.

In the spring of 2006, DeSantis arrived at Joint Task Force Guantanamo (JTF-GTMO), working directly with detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. The records of his service in the Navy were often redacted upon release to the public, to protect personal privacy, according to the Navy. Mansur Ahmad Saad al-Dayfi, who was held at Guantanamo, alleged in 2022 that DeSantis oversaw force-feedings of detainees.

In 2007, DeSantis reported to the Naval Special Warfare Command Group in Coronado, California, where he was assigned as a legal adviser to SEAL Team One; he deployed to Iraq in the fall of 2007 as part of the 2007 troop surge. He served as legal adviser to Dane Thorleifson, the SEAL Commander of the Special Operations Task Force-West in Fallujah.

DeSantis returned to the U.S. in April 2008, reassigned to the Naval Region Southeast Legal Service. The U.S. Department of Justice appointed him to serve as a Special Assistant U.S. attorney at the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida. DeSantis was assigned as a trial defense counsel until his honorable discharge from active duty in February 2010. He concurrently accepted a reserve commission as a lieutenant in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the US Navy Reserve.

During his military career, DeSantis was awarded the Bronze Star Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, and the Iraq Campaign Medal. He was still serving in the U.S. Navy Reserve as of his transition to the governorship. His U.S. Navy service ended on February 12, 2019, a month after his gubernatorial inauguration, with the rank at retirement of lieutenant commander.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:19:06 pm by libertybele »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Thanks! The point being that the deep state did not create itself. The MFs in the house and senate played their parts to the hilt.
The Deep State is hardly confined to the Executive Branch. Congress critters come and go but staffers make careers. Note SCOTUS 'leakage', and it is everywhere to some degree.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Deep State is hardly confined to the Executive Branch. Congress critters come and go but staffers make careers. Note SCOTUS 'leakage', and it is everywhere to some degree.

:yowsa: Absolutely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

He served but -- non-combat [...]

Thanks for all that, though I knew he was Jag lawyer... But in-theater... He was over there. That means a whole lot to military folks.

His military career is good - Great even..