Author Topic: Personal information of almost 40k Marines made public by accident  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Personal information of almost 40k Marines made public by accident
May 24, 2023

The personal identifiable information of approximately 39,000 Marines, sailors, and Defense Department civilians was inadvertently leaked by a US Marine Corps unit, according to defense sources.

The majority of those affected are assigned to the I Marine Expeditionary Force, USMC officials confirmed.

“At this time there is no indication that any PII [personal identifiable information] has reached anywhere other than official government channels,” I MEF spokesman 2nd Lt. Sean Waterman, told Task & Purpose. “To be clear, nothing was hacked.”

On May 9, Combat Logistics Regiment 17 sent an email to 250 Defense Travel System travel administrators.

https://popularmilitary.com/personal-information-of-almost-40k-marines-made-public-by-accident/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Personal information of almost 40k Marines made public by accident
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 02:24:20 pm »
Oh my, not another huge SNAFU? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Personal information of almost 40k Marines made public by accident
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 03:11:16 pm »

'By accident'
The Republic is lost.