Author Topic: A Majority of Americans want Immigration Reform that Balances Security and Pathway for Citizenship  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Majority of Americans want Immigration Reform that Balances Security and Pathway for Citizenship
Friday, May 26, 2023

Awareness of the expiration of Title 42 is low as compared to other recent events. However, many Americans have the false impression that it led to a surge of migrants at the border.

Americans see Title 42 as having been a temporary fix and want a more permanent solution in its stead, as well as comprehensive immigration reform more generally that includes both paths to citizenship and border security.

Even pluralities of Republicans, and two in three Americans overall, prefer a balanced approach – one that expands paths to citizenship for groups like Dreamers if they meet certain criteria while also increasing border security – to a security-only approach.

Biden and Democrats hold significant trust advantages on creating legal pathways to citizenship for immigrants and protecting Dreamers, but Republicans hold a narrow advantage on fixing our immigration system and a larger advantage on border security.

https://navigatorresearch.org/a-majority-of-americans-want-immigration-reform-that-balances-security-and-pathway-for-citizenship/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surely people don't want congress to use a "common sense" approach to immigration! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson