Author Topic: ‘These Numbers Are Staggering’: Chinese Migrants Continue To Surge Across Southern Border  (Read 265 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘These Numbers Are Staggering’: Chinese Migrants Continue To Surge Across Southern Border
Despite Texas State Efforts, Migrant Crossings At Border Continue To Rise

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
May 22, 2023
2:04 PM ET

Border Patrol agents are increasingly seeing Chinese migrants crossing the southern border, according to the latest federal data.

Migrants from China pay smugglers sometimes tens of thousands of dollars to go to the U.S., according to Border Patrol sources who spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“Right now in China there’s extreme pessimism, especially among people in their 20s about the future of their country, so it’s understandable that they’re leaving and they’re trying to get into the United States. And, you know, these are people who are relatively middle class, so it shows you the problems in Chinese society are severe,” China expert Gordon Chang told the DCNF.

The influx of Chinese migrants crossing the southern border continued through April, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/22/these-numbers-are-staggering-chinese-migrants-continue-to-surge-across-southern-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Why do I suspect these people are not so much fleeing their country as being sent by it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why do I suspect these people are not so much fleeing their country as being sent by it?

Yeah, you don't get out of China unless they let you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm wondering if at least some of them are from Taiwan, gettin' out while the gettin' is good...?

Offline berdie

I'm wondering if at least some of them are from Taiwan, gettin' out while the gettin' is good...?

Good point that I hadn't thought of.