Author Topic: Democrats seek unlikely debt ceiling savior: Mitch McConnell  (Read 374 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democrats seek unlikely debt ceiling savior: Mitch McConnell
by Alexander Bolton - 05/25/23 6:00 AM ET

With time running short and the danger of a national default growing, Democrats are hoping an unlikely savior will come to the rescue: Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.).

Democratic lawmakers say McConnell and other Senate Republicans are fooling themselves if they think Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is in a position to reach a debt ceiling deal with President Biden.

They believe McCarthy is under tremendous pressure not to agree to any deal Democrats would accept because the House rules allow for one disappointed conservative to offer a motion to vacate the Speaker’s chair.

“Senate Republicans are putting their heads in the sand if they think that the extremists in their party will have a change of heart,” said Rep. Pete Aguilar (Calif.), chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, to reporters earlier this month. 

“If Kevin McCarthy is forced to choose between holding power in his Speakership or taking us closer to default, we know he’s going to choose default. The American people know that as well. House Republicans are on a path toward default. The question before us is will Senate Republicans take the wheel?” he said.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), a leader of House progressives, has joined the growing chorus of Democrats pleading for McConnell to get involved. 

“I think time is starting to run out,” Jayapal warned. “I think Wall Street should be weighing in.”

She told reporters that “reasonable Republicans” and McConnell need “to get involved and get people to understand that default on America would be terrible,” according to Punchbowl News.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4019680-democrats-seek-unlikely-debt-ceiling-savior-mitch-mcconnell/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats seek unlikely debt ceiling savior: Mitch McConnell
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 06:15:35 pm »
"Unlikely?"   :silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 06:45:25 pm »
McConnell's overlords, the US Chamber of Commerce, will be most displeased if a Debt Ceiling deal isn't reached.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:57:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 06:53:46 pm »
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), a leader of House progressives, has joined the growing chorus of Democrats pleading for McConnell to get involved.

“I think time is starting to run out,” Jayapal warned. “I think Wall Street should be weighing in.”

A Communist wanting Wall Street to get involved (and crash the market)

Anyone want a slice of hypocrisy?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 07:35:06 pm »
A Communist wanting Wall Street to get involved (and crash the market)

Anyone want a slice of hypocrisy?
How can the Commies siphon off the funds to get their dachas if they can't suck up all that government grant money?  Of course they want to raise the 'debt ceiling'.

The ends justify the means...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 07:27:47 pm »
Democrats move to threaten America economically, then threaten Americas existence if they are not allowed to go through with the destruction!
 :smokin: :reaper: :reaper: :reaper: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 08:05:16 pm »
"Unlikely?"   :silly:

We all know how the "Turtle" crosses the finish line.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 11:02:49 pm »

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), a leader of House progressives,

@mystery-ak

They misspelled "Regressives".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!