Author Topic: Trump panned over bizarre ‘Red Button’ and Kim Jong Un comments in response to DeSantis’ 2024 launch  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump panned over bizarre ‘Red Button’ and Kim Jong Un comments in response to DeSantis’ 2024 launch

By Victor Nava
May 24, 2023

Former President Donald Trump was ripped by some on social media and questioned by others after a bizarre Truth Social post in which he appeared to criticize Ron DeSantis shortly after the Republican Florida governor launched his bid for president.

“‘Rob,’ My Red Button is bigger, better, stronger, and is working (TRUTH!), yours does not! (per my conversation with Kim Jung Un, of North Korea, soon to become my friend!),” read Trump’s baffling post on Wednesday.

The post was later shared by the Trump campaign in an email to supporters.

The odd missive came after DeSantis formally announced his entry into the 2024 presidential race during a Twitter Spaces event with the platform’s owner, Elon Musk.

DeSantis’ announcement was delayed by roughly 30 minutes due to technical difficulties that Musk attributed to overwhelmed computer servers.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/trump-panned-over-bizarre-response-to-desantis-2024-launch/

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Good grief. What is that old man talking about?
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:facepalm2:   For heaven's sake @debrawiest President Trump tells you right in the tweet. 

Online cato potatoe

I wonder if any of the Trump supporters could interpret this post.  I usually can guess what he meant to say, but this one is a true mystery.  The timestamp says 6:54pm.  Should we chalk it up to sundowning?   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Kamaji

I wonder if any of the Trump supporters could interpret this post.  I usually can guess what he meant to say, but this one is a true mystery.  The timestamp says 6:54pm.  Should we chalk it up to sundowning?   

That's an interesting thought.

Online mountaineer

If you visit Twitter, you know the backstory.
I do visit Twitter.

Online kevindavis007

I think we need to start questioning Trump's mental competence like right now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Kamaji

It's getting to that point.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

He is very competent at being mental. I see no need to question it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
:facepalm2:   For heaven's sake @debrawiest President Trump tells you right in the tweet. 

Well, I don’t speak Trumpian, so be a dear and ‘splain it to the rest of us.  :shrug:
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online andy58-in-nh

Well, I don’t speak Trumpian, so be a dear and ‘splain it to the rest of us.  :shrug:

I'm no expert, but he appears to be bragging to someone named "Rob" about the size and functionality of his "button" and apropos of nothing, noting his kinship with a nuclear-armed tyrant of some repute.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DB

I'm no expert, but he appears to be bragging to someone named "Rob" about the size and functionality of his "button" and apropos of nothing, noting his kinship with a nuclear-armed tyrant of some repute.

How could anyone be "friends" with a tyrant mass murdering dictator?

Offline Kamaji

:silly:

Offline ScottinVA

Sounds like a COVFEFE redux.

Online andy58-in-nh

Did somebody say: "Red Buttons"?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

Who knows?  I think the stress of his presidency, the lawsuits and now DeSantis challenging him, has affected his mental and emotional well being. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

Who knows?  I think the stress of his presidency, the lawsuits and now DeSantis challenging him, has affected his mental and emotional well being.

I've not noticed a difference.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We've been Trumpsplained to for a very long time and it's still clear as a child playing in the mud.

Online mountaineer

Did somebody say: "Red Buttons"?
Oh, okay. Now it makes sense.

Offline Hoodat

I wonder if any of the Trump supporters could interpret this post.   

If you visit Twitter, you know the backstory.

And there's your answer.  Not even a Trump zealot can explain it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley