Author Topic: Woman sentenced for role in El Paso-to-Dallas migrant smuggling pipeline  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Woman sentenced for role in El Paso-to-Dallas migrant smuggling pipeline

by: Julian Resendiz
Posted: May 23, 2023 / 05:38 PM CDT
Updated: May 23, 2023 / 05:38 PM CDT

Feds: Defendants sent at least 124 migrants on locked cargo trailers from Mexican border to North Texas

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The co-leader of a group that smuggled migrants from the Mexican border to North Texas in the back of locked cargo trailers has been sentenced in U.S. federal court to four years in prison.

Ana Maria Villa Flores, a Plano, Texas, resident originally from Michoacan, Mexico, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to transport migrants from El Paso to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Federal investigators said Villa, 40, was a leader and organizer in a group believed to be responsible for the smuggling of at least 124 migrants between July 2021 and April 2022.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/woman-sentenced-role-el-paso-dallas-migrant-smuggling-pipeline-409280/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson