Author Topic: IRS commissioner denies intervening to retaliate against whistleblowers connected to Hunter Biden co  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 23, 2023 6:51pm EDT
IRS commissioner denies intervening to retaliate against whistleblowers connected to Hunter Biden complaint
Werfel said whistleblower's reassignment came at direction of DOJ

By Chad Pergram , Adam Sabes | Fox News

Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Daniel Werfel denied intervening to retaliate against whistleblowers in connection with the Hunter Biden complaint, according to a letter he sent to the majority and minority on the House Ways and Means Committee.

Fox News obtained the letter sent by Werfel on May 17 in which he responded to concerns that whistleblowers may have faced retaliation for voicing concerns about the probe into the business dealings of Hunter Biden, son of President Joe Biden.

"I want to state unequivocally that I have not intervened – and will not intervene – in any way that would impact the status of any whistleblower," Werfel said.

However, the letter states that the particular whistleblower referenced by Rep. Jason Smith, R-Mo., in their initial letter experienced a change in work assignment at the direction of the Department of Justice.

"The IRS whistleblower you reference alleges that the change in their work assignment came at the direction of the Department of Justice. As a general matter and not in reference to any specific case, I believe it is important to emphasize that in any matter involving federal judicial proceedings, the IRS follows the direction of the Justice Department," Werfel wrote in the letter.

In response to the May 16 letter sent by Smith, the IRS commissioner said that he contacted Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration to learn more but isn't able to share particular details on the matter.

"When I first learned of the allegations of retaliation referenced in your letter and in media reports on May 16, 2023, I contacted the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). In light of laws and policies designed to protect the integrity of pending proceedings, I am unable to provide details on this matter," Werfel wrote.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/irs-commissioner-denies-intervention-retaliate-against-whistleblowers-connected-hunter-biden-complaint
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
IRS Commissioner: DOJ Responsible for Whistleblower Purge from Hunter Biden Tax Probe

IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel told Congress the Justice Department made the decision to purge an IRS whistleblower from the DOJ’s probe Hunter Biden, according to a letter sent to House Ways and Means Committee Chair Jason Smith (R-MO).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/24/irs-commissioner-doj-responsible-whistleblower-purge-hunter-biden-tax-probe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

IRS Commissioner: DOJ Responsible for Whistleblower Purge from Hunter Biden Tax Probe

IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel told Congress the Justice Department made the decision to purge an IRS whistleblower from the DOJ’s probe Hunter Biden, according to a letter sent to House Ways and Means Committee Chair Jason Smith (R-MO).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/24/irs-commissioner-doj-responsible-whistleblower-purge-hunter-biden-tax-probe/

Ok.  So what justification did the DOJ give for the purge?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Orders from headquarters! You know! The big guy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

Orders from the President of the United States.

Not that it matters because nothing is going to be done about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Orders from headquarters! You know! The big guy!

@Bigun

More correctly,the globalist who pulls the "strings" that controls what "the big guy" says and does.

What I want to know is WHO this is,and WHY aren't more people fired up about finding out who this is/was and locking his ass UP?

We all hear about "Biden  did this,or Biden said that",while we all KNOW that Biden is not only a career thief,he is also now a babbling fool incapable of even deciding what to have for lunch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!