Author Topic: Navy vet DeSantis says draft-dodging Trump's insults pale in comparison to sacrifices made by those  (Read 143 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Navy vet DeSantis says draft-dodging Trump's insults pale in comparison to sacrifices made by those in the military - as ex-president brands Florida governor an IMPOSTER

Ron DeSantis on Wednesday officially launched his presidential campaign, with a chaotic event on Twitter marred by technical difficulties
    The 44-year-old Florida governor then appeared on Fox News, and seemed to take a subtle dig at his rival and Republican front-runner, Donald Trump
    READ MORE: Trump posts depraved fake Twitter Spaces video of Hitler, George Soros and the devil crashing Ron's announcement: Dirty campaign begins

By Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 01:55 EDT, 25 May 2023 | Updated: 09:31 EDT, 25 May 2023

Ron DeSantis appeared to compare his own military service to Donald Trump's draft-dodging when asked how he'd cope with insults hurled by the former president.

Speaking to Fox News on Wednesday night, the Florida governor said such jibes would pale in comparison to the hardships experienced by service personnel - with the lawmaker himself once serving as a Navy lawyer.

Trump, by comparison, dodged being drafted into the Vietnam War by claiming he suffered from bone spurs - and DeSantis was seemingly keen to highlight the ex-president's much-mocked excuse.

He told Fox he was unconcerned about potential insults on the campaign trail, saying: 'If the sacrifice I have to make is people are going to call me names, that pales into comparison with what so many people have done for me throughout history so that I could live in a free country.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12122575/Navy-vet-DeSantis-says-draft-dodging-Trumps-insults-pale-comparison-military-sacrifices.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
President "Bone Spurs" will always take the low road like the low life he is.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/