General Category > Shooting Sports

Sight options for Win 94 lever

<< < (2/5) > >>

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on June 09, 2023, 04:31:58 am ---My two cents... A scope never works out in brush. I guess if you have grain fields....
But that's a brush gun up here.

--- End quote ---
Different strokes for different folks, yes if you are shooting relatively close and in brush I agree iron sights are probably best. On the other hand if you are shooting out to distance in more open territory, and have less than the best eyesight I think a scope is very useful. While once I was eagle eyed I am migrating to mole eyed :shrug:

Bigun:

--- Quote from: LMAO on May 24, 2023, 10:39:18 pm ---I have an old style, Winchester 94 3030 that has the top shell ejection. I’d like to start deer hunting again( I say that every year) but the scope options are not there. What do people think about those red dot sights? Would that work for this particular style rifle?

Difficult for me to shoot with the open sights

--- End quote ---

Have you tried a ghost ring for rear sight?  You might be pleasantly surprised if you haven't.

Free Vulcan:
Always kind of liked a peep sight.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on June 09, 2023, 05:19:30 pm ---Always kind of liked a peep sight.

--- End quote ---

A peep sight with the orifice removed is a ghost ring.

Bigun:
I'm going to throw this out there even though no one asked.

HOW you shoot is every bit as important as your sights.

I was taught how to shoot a rifle at a very young age and used that method for many years, including the years spent in military service. It served me well but some years ago a couple of friends (retired SEALS) convinced me to try their way and what a difference it makes!

The method I learned early on was to aim with one eye closed. The SEAL method requires both eyes open at all times with rifle or pistol. If you were taught as I was you will find the switch painful but you will be well rewarded in the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version