Author Topic: First on Fox: Ron DeSantis officially launches 2024 presidential campaign with 'Great American Comeb  (Read 536 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 24, 2023 6:02pm EDT
First on Fox: Ron DeSantis officially launches 2024 presidential campaign with 'Great American Comeback' video
DeSantis instantly a top-tier contender in 2024 GOP nomination race alongside former President Trump

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE - Saying that he's "running for president to lead our great American comeback," Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida formally launched his White House campaign in a video released by his political team.

"Our border is a disaster. Crime infests our cities. The federal government makes it harder for families to make ends meet. And the president flounders," DeSantis charges in the video, which was shared first with Fox News on Wednesday.

The governor argues that "decline is a choice. Success is attainable. And freedom is worth fighting for. Righting the ship requires restoring sanity to our society, normalcy to our communities, and integrity to our institutions. Truth must be our foundation — and common sense can no longer be an uncommon virtue. In Florida, we proved it can be done."

After months of buildup and speculation, the DeSantis campaign released the launch video in conjunction with the Florida governor's appearance on Twitter, where he was expected to also formally announce his 2024 candidacy in a 6pm ET interview with business magnate and Twitter owner Elon Musk.

In the video, DeSantis points to his record in Florida, emphasizing that "we chose facts over fear, education over indoctrination, law and order over rioting and disorder. We held the line when freedom hung in the balance. We showed that we can — and must — revitalize America. We need the courage to lead and the strength to win."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/first-fox-desantis-declares-candidacy-president-campaign-launch-video
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That...underwhelms me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

That's GREAT! I am all-in right now. TEA Party here we come!

Offline roamer_1

Offline libertybele

He has a good message, but his delivery is weak.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

He has a good message, but his delivery is weak.   :shrug:

I understand that. Although people on this board will disagree with me, Abbott is a good governor, but a lousy speaker.

Maybe DeSantis can get some coaching...or hopefully people will look past his delivery and focus on the message.

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING: In Announcement Speech, Ron DeSantis Calls For A Great American Comeback And Blasts Biden
    by: Sterling Mosley
 05.24.2023 Source: DC Enquirer
On Wednesday evening, Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) launched his official campaign on Twitter Spaces with Elon Musk. Despite various initial crashes as hundreds of thousands attempted to join, Ron DeSantis officially announced.

"I think you broke the internet there," said moderator David Sacks with Elon Musk adding that the new venue will come with bumps along the way.

"I am running for the President of The United States to lead our great American comeback," DeSantis began, adding that Biden lacks vigor, takes his cues from the woke mob, and is leading the country in the wrong direction.

"We should choose a new direction," DeSantis said, adding that America should "replace the woke mind virus."

"America is a sovereign country, our borders must be respected," DeSantis continued. "The public deserves safe communities....we can't have inmates running the asylum."  ...
At least, unlike Trump, he knows and acknowledges that the enemy is Biden  - not other Republicans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What, needs more cowbell?  :laugh:

Spinning disco ball maybe?
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Spinning disco ball maybe?

A couple scantily clad women in the background?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

A couple scantily clad women in the background?

Well, at least we can be assured they'd really be women...  :whistle:

:silly:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Anything but something that sounds like an apology.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

That's GREAT! I am all-in right now. TEA Party here we come!

:yowsa:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I understand that. Although people on this board will disagree with me, Abbott is a good governor, but a lousy speaker.

Maybe DeSantis can get some coaching...or hopefully people will look past his delivery and focus on the message.

On the other hand, he doesn't want to come across too rehearsed.  From all the times I've watched his press conferences and speeches, he truly has a very laid back personality.