Author Topic: AOC claims McCarthy 'doesn’t have the votes' for debt limit deal after the House passed a bill  (Read 281 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC claims McCarthy 'doesn’t have the votes' for debt limit deal after the House passed a bill
by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter |
May 24, 2023 09:47 AM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) tried to flip the script on House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), claiming he's the one lacking support to advance his debt limit plan.

Although Republicans wrangled through the Limit, Save, Grow Act in a 217-215 vote last month, Ocasio-Cortez said the party lacks support to pass a bill in the Senate and asserted that he "doesn’t have the votes in the House."

"Why would anyone act like Kevin McCarthy has votes right now? He hasn’t done the work," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "He doesn’t have the votes for his current proposal in the Senate. He doesn’t have the votes in the House. He doesn’t even have the votes in *his own party.* & GOP are starting to feel that."

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1661208232424087553

Since passing the Limit, Save, Grow Act, McCarthy has needled Democrats over their apparent inability to secure passage of a stand-alone debt limit hike in the Senate.

"A simple way for the Democrats to avoid default is to pass the Limit, Save, Grow Act in the Senate," McCarthy tweeted Tuesday. "With just 9 days left to go, Republicans remain the only ones in Washington who have actually done anything to lift the debt limit and avoid default."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/aoc-claims-mccarthy-lacks-votes-debt-limit-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Why on Earth would any rational person think that a dipshit like AOC would have any insight into what the GOP does, or does not, have?

Offline libertybele

She's nothing more than hot air and a drama queen.   00drama
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

And let the record show that AOC voted AGAINST raising the debt ceiling.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't refer to any woman as an  a$$hole. But in her case I will make an exception.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
AOC is so dense that light bends around her.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
AOC is so dense that light bends around her.

@Wingnut

True,but BOTH she and Biden got elected and are in power.

What does THAT say about the honestly of our electoral system?

It's hard to beat both a corrupt and "fixed" electoral system AND a ignorant and/or retarded electorate that doesn't understand or even want to know about reality.

One day "The band will stop playing" (the dollar will die and our economy will totally collapse),and that WILL be the end of America as a free nation.

AND........,that is the freaking PLAN of the DNC and their Globalist masters. They have succeeded so far because "We,the people" let them because we DO believe in fairness and open discussion,but it went WAAAAY beyond that.

I honestly think it might be too late to change things.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!