Author Topic: Netflix set to charge subscribers who share streaming services an extra $8  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Netflix set to charge subscribers who share streaming services an extra $8
by Heather Hamilton, Social Media Reporter
May 24, 2023 09:19 AM

Netflix will try to limit password sharing by billing subscribers an additional $8 per month if viewers outside their household use their account.

The streaming platform announced the decision on Tuesday after months of seeking to control password sharing and limit viewers to the same household.

"Everyone living in that household can use Netflix wherever they are — at home, on the go, on holiday," the streaming platform said, warning that “a Netflix account is for use by one household.”

Netflix has said the paid password-sharing program would apply to users across the world.

“Paid sharing is another important initiative as widespread account sharing (100M+ households) undermines our ability to invest in and improve Netflix for our paying members, as well as build our business,” Netflix co-CEO Greg Peters told investors during its quarterly earnings call in April, noting subscriber engagement over time is expected to grow as viewers sign-up for their own accounts.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/technology/netflix-charge-subscribers-password-sharing-8-dollars
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

How will they determine who is in a subscriber's household?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If Netflix wants to grow and improve their business they should include and produce shows people want to watch.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
If Netflix wants to grow and improve their business they should include and produce shows people want to watch.

Manifest next week! I’ve waited all year for this one,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

How will they determine who is in a subscriber's household?

Not really knowing anything about Net Flix...that's what I was wondering.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji asks:
"How will they determine who is in a subscriber's household?"

By individual IP addresses, I would reckon.

But IP addresses can be "spoofed"...

Offline goatprairie

The wife and I were using our daughter's account. There's really not a lot on Netflix worth watching. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Online mountaineer

Not a problem. We've never looked into Netflix. Considering the Obamas' involvement, there's no way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org