Author Topic: Black Lives Matter Hemorrhaged Cash in 2022, Tax Documents Show  (Read 365 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Black Lives Matter Hemorrhaged Cash in 2022, Tax Documents Show

Andrew Kerr
May 23, 2023
Black Lives Matter bled cash and suffered blistering investment losses in 2022, according to a copy of its tax return obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation ran an $8.5 million deficit and saw the value of its investment accounts plummet by nearly $10 million in the most recent tax year, financial disclosures show. The group logged a $961,000 loss on a securities sale of $172,000, suggesting the charity weathered a staggering 85 percent loss on the transaction. These troubles didn’t stop BLM from doling out seven-figure contracts to friends and family of its former executive director Patrisse Cullors, who once said charity financial disclosures were "triggering" and "deeply unsafe."

It’s no surprise that Cullors was so fearful of disclosing Black Lives Matter’s finances to the public. The revelations in Black Lives Matter’s latest Form 990 show that the group is on the fast track to financial insolvency, and that the excesses of Cullors’s tenure have not abated under her chosen successor, Shalomyah Bowers.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/black-lives-matter-hemorrhaged-cash-in-2022-tax-documents-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Black Lives Matter Hemorrhaged Cash in 2022, Tax Documents Show
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 03:23:11 pm »
It was basically just a grift and a way of laundering money to the founders and their friends.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 04:14:17 pm »
 BLM recorded $9M deficit in 2022 — but still paid millions to execs: tax docs
By Lee Brown   
May 24, 2023 10:29am

Black Lives Matter ended last year with a nearly $9 million deficit — while still paying out millions to organizers as well as relatives of controversial co-founder Patrisse Cullors.

Tax documents posted online show that BLM’s Global Network Foundation ended the financial year in the red to the tune of $8,559,748.

The filings show that the nonprofit recorded revenue of $8.5 million — roughly half of the more than $17 million it spent.

That deficit is made even more extreme given that the previous year, it actually increased its piggybank, earning nearly $42 million after expenses.

The financial hit also left the group with $30 million in assets, down nearly $11.75 million from where it started the financial year.

That means it has spent two-thirds of the $90 million it raised, which Cullors — who quit over earlier financial scandals highlighted by The Post — previously dismissed as “white guilt money.”

Despite the crunch, millions of dollars were paid to companies with close ties to the group — including one owned by Shalomyah Bowers, who replaced Cullors when she quit.

An independent auditors’ review of the previous two years, also posted online, showed that Bowers’ company was paid a staggering $1.69 million “for management and consulting services.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/blm-recorded-9m-deficit-last-year-tax-docs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 10:24:39 pm »
It was basically just a grift and a way of laundering money to the founders and their friends.

Now they have to go out and get real jobs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 10:36:27 pm »
"Black Lives Matter Hemorrhaged Cash in 2022, Tax Documents Show"

That's cuz dem folks dat run BLM was'n stealin' and embezzlin' so much of it...!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 02:11:04 am »
@rangerrebew

WAT??????

Sum ebil white kraka dun stoal de monies frum de pour black Princely peep-pulls?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 02:12:09 am »

@Kamaji

Still is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 02:14:27 am »
Now they have to go out and get real jobs

@LMAO

Not really. They have enough hidden cash now that they no  longer have to work.

NOT saying they won't use their skin color to get high-paying "no show" corporate jobs to fill out a racial hire quota ,though.